PDA

View Full Version : power/speed

lil p
11-07-2006, 10:25 PM
i just got my motor back from the shop. i'm trien to make my 400 a drag bike. i've put over size valves,a stroker 4mm crank, heavy duty rod, ported head, a 13.5:1 stroker piston,over sized carb,hinson clutch components,stage two hotcam,and im running alchohol. i havent got it running just yet and i was wondering if anyone knows how fast or powerful it will be?

Ceph
11-07-2006, 11:14 PM
you didn't ask the guy that built the motor for ya?

CHEVYZ
11-08-2006, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by lil p
i just got my motor back from the shop. i'm trien to make my 400 a drag bike. i've put over size valves,a stroker 4mm crank, heavy duty rod, ported head, a 13.5:1 stroker piston,over sized carb,hinson clutch components,stage two hotcam,and im running alchohol. i havent got it running just yet and i was wondering if anyone knows how fast or powerful it will be? Who built your engine, and what was done to it before the mods?

Oh, and to add..... don't forget to post up some pics!

PismoLocal
11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Did you install an HD head stud kit and a new or HD cam chain?

Wheelie
11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
It will be fast and powerful.

Once you ride it, you will know first hand. You'll love the stroker, trust me.:D

lil p
11-08-2006, 10:00 PM
well i had a slip on pipe,a hot cam and jets. scotts atv accesory's did it. oh and yea i put steel inserts in my head to keep the head gasket blowing to a minimum. yea i put a hd timing chain and rod.

ilpadrino113
11-08-2006, 10:05 PM
I d say pretty damn fast

lil p
11-08-2006, 10:25 PM
man i just got my alchohol today and got it started for the first time. it ran perfect untill i ran into a little problem. the blue flames from the curtis sparks were pretty bad too.

CHEVYZ
11-09-2006, 04:28 AM
Scott's sounds pretty fimiliar. Where are they located? Seems like I had a card for them laying around somewhere.

Your bike sounds like it should rip. I like to hit up the sand drags every now and then as well. I have a couple buddies that are building some sick drag bikes... two of my closest buddies are building a Cheetah Banshee and a Sabertooth 250r. I have a big bore 450r that I like to play around with at the drags. I just got my drag setup in, so I am only waiting for a few more parts to slap it on.

lil p
11-09-2006, 08:43 PM
its "scotts atv and accesories" in lafayette. yall ever go to the forrest hill dunes or erwinnville drag strip?

CHEVYZ
11-10-2006, 04:22 AM
Alright, yeah, I have bought from them before. I know exactly where that is. My girlfriend lives right down the street (Not really literally). That is where I get my fuel most of the time.

I haven't been to Forest Hills yet, but I plan on making a trip pretty soon. My buddies went and had a good time, but at the time they went my 400 was still torn down for work. Don't know much about Erwinville, either, maybe I could check it out.

I mostly hit up LA dunes, Sicily Island, and the dunes in MS. All of them are pretty good places just to do a little of everything, and that is my game haha.