PDA

View Full Version : predater motor in 250r chassis???

trailwart
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
i have a 250r with a 330 powervalve cyl, in it. i have an opprotunity to pick up a pred. motor real cheap. my Q is if this will fit hiegth wise. im happy with my machine now but am considering this motor for this quad down the road if my motor ever self destructs. also if this frame wont work, is there any companys that make a frame for this motor where all of my 250r suspension components would transfer. any feedback is appreciated. thanks

Rootar
11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
the pred motors ARE HEAVEY those things are bad overweight, look at the outlaws the original 500 outlaw weighs 40 POUNDS more the the 525 outlaw, that just with the motor swap nothing else that would affect weight changed.

just somethign to keep in mind the pred motor is a hog, in weight that is

Flynbryan19
11-08-2006, 12:53 PM
That would be a worthless motor swap. Don't waste your time. If you want hybrid get a Crf, Yfz, or KTM motor. This is from an ex-Predator owner, you'd be better off with any of the other motors I listed.

Dale512
11-08-2006, 01:33 PM
It would be different if nothing else. I'm sure it would fit, as the predator motor is actually slightly shorty height wise than the KTM engines and we've seen those in R frames before.

trailwart
11-08-2006, 01:35 PM
hey thanks for the input, i think ill pass on the motor. it was just that i could of had it real cheap and was thinking it might be worth it for a down the road swap. thinkin i will pass. thanks