PDA

View Full Version : quick A-ARM question

kawi_kfx13
11-07-2006, 06:41 PM
ok...im lookin at a-arms...and i found +2 +0..... lol is that good or not...im only 13 and dont no that much about a- arms or anything...i no more about motors lol... so ya let me no if +2+0 is good... and do i have to by shocks to??????............and will it sit a bit lower or....

04TRX400EX
11-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Alright, we're going to need some more info ...

What are you setting the bike up for? (MX, XC)

What brand are the a-arms?

What are you doing for the rear end?

What quad is this going on?

Standard Travel or Long Travel?

You do not need to buy new front shocks if you get longer a-arms but you will have to have them revalved/rebuilt to work properly. As for +2 a-arms in general - they are a good overall length if you are building a motocross quad or a desert-type XC quad, but will not be good if you ride a lot of tight trails or GNCC events, where the extra width will kill you. Yes, it is also likely to make your quad sit lower, although that is more dependent on the shock setup.

kawi_kfx13
11-08-2006, 07:17 PM
MX

Burgard.... is the brand

not sure about the rear mybe +2 axle

kfx 400

standerd it thnk just check them out at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-LTZ-2-0-Burgard-a-arms_W0QQitemZ300046709416QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43972 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

also...were can i get my shockes revalved/rebuilt....just my local dealer?

Over-land 450r
11-10-2006, 08:29 PM
spend a little bit more and get the American star a-arms. i took the stock shocks and out a works triple rate spring kit on and it was amazing. such a difference. Also check out a G force axle from rocky mountain$200. liftime warrenty and they actually stand behind it.
also with the asr a-arms it doent matter wat set u buy. i bought the pro star pluses witch is 4130 chrommally steel. rather then the sportstarplus witch is mild steel. the chromally is stronger. The warenty on both is that as long as u have proof of a +2 shock for $20 they will give u a new 1. they dont care wat happend and how many times it did happen. also great ustomer service. the spring kit is $212 for the front and i think Another $212 for the rear. For a 450r i think they have it for the Kfx too. check them out. wont go wrong. i have cartwheeled my quad soo many times racing like a dumb *** every thing held up. except i now have a bent frame.