PDA

View Full Version : rage motors

knight rider
11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
has enyone herd of rage motors because i wanted to no if they do good work

jpb450
11-08-2006, 05:12 AM
Best out there, ask John Natalie Jr., Dee has been his mechanic and engine builder for the last 2 years. He is working on my LT-R right now. He has gotten up to 62hp on an LT-R. I am not going that radical, I can't afford to rebuild every month. I am hoping for around 56 to 57 on pump gas. I know his web site isn't the best, but call him or send him an e-mail.

04Ltz40015
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
On John's bike all he did was copy what Curtis Sparks had done last year when he was his engine builder. It was pretty shady. When I was Curits's shop I asked what happened and thats what they told m and believe me they were not happy about it.

jpb450
11-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Hmmm Well I know Dee personally and there is no way he would do anything shady like you said. First off John ran an '06 this year which is a comletely different head than an '05. Besides Dee worked for Curtis Sparks and still talks to him all the time.

rummerd
11-08-2006, 01:50 PM
I bought "426" EX from a guy that claimed Rage ATV built the motor. It had the incorrect oversize studs installed and no locating dowel pins for the head. The improperly installed studs pulled out and that made the cylinder no good. It was also supposed to have oversized valves, but.....it did not. The head porting was OK. Now I don't know if the previous owner was full of crap or not, but I don't think he was. He was the kind of guy who bought the best and paid someone to do the work. The rest of the quad was immaculate, Elka/Roll LT, etc. I am not claiming that Rage ATV did, or does shoddy work, but when I called for a new set of studs, some retard answered the phone and had no idea what I was talking about. I almost thought I had the wrong number, but it was in fact the right number. That is just my experience with them and I won't have another. Doesn't GT thunder do some pretty good things with the LT-R?

Colby@C&DRacing
11-09-2006, 08:14 AM
We have tons of mods for the LTR. I am building a 500cc motor right now with nitrous.

JH Racing
11-09-2006, 09:37 AM
I am using Dees port work and could not be happier granted it is on Honda. I have been to his shop and I have seen the way the porting looks verus the way my Sparks work looked and they are not the same. Dee is a straight up guy and knows what he is doing.

rummerd
11-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Well, there you go. Site sponsor and a trusted vendor. This forum is full of satisfied C&D customers. I am one of them. Colby did some work for me on my (now parted out) 440 EX. Good turn around time, great work, and excellent customer service.

jpb450
11-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Well there is an easy wat to tell if it is a Rage motor. He etches his logo on every motor he does. If it has no logo it's not his period.

knight rider
11-10-2006, 03:52 PM
thanks alot everyone i am probably gonna send my motor to rage this winter to get some port work done and highcompression piston and what ever else

cbr
11-10-2006, 04:03 PM
about gtthunder, i spent a good $10,000 at his shop buying parts for my 250r and he couldn't give me a deal on a IMS gas tank. now that he sponsors a pro rider he won't help the 'small time' people who helped him get where he is today. he's a amish goat f____r! i wont give him my bussiness any more!!

jpb450
11-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Dee has my motor right now. I blew my transmission and while it is there he is going to build the engine. He can't give me a deffinate hp number, but high fifties to sixty. I will post when i get the dyno sheet.

knight rider
11-10-2006, 04:11 PM
k thanks thats what got told about the hps around 55 and up i want around 53 to 57 anywhere there is good

philys21
11-11-2006, 04:33 AM
Colby what nitrous system do you plan on using?

KingRage12
11-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Funny that a customer pointed this post out to me.......I think I am going to make a call to Curtis and find out if this is what they told you. Curtis knows that my work is very different from his, and out of curiosity, how did the subject even come up if you were calling Curtis about HIS work.

As far as the 400ex problem, why dont you give me a call and tell whoever answers the phone you would like to talk to me about an engine that I built. I am sure I can help you with whatever you need. The people that answer my phones are somewhat knowledgable, but dont know all the ins and outs of what I do here at the shop. I am sure I can help you out with whatever you need.
I encourage anyone that has a problem in nature, do not hesitate to call me during the week and I will be more than happy to resolve whatever problem that you have with one of our engines. Oh and thanks Johnny Hale for the kind kuddos, you definately make my stuff look good up there at the TQRA.

Thanks Dee

LTR450_#67
11-12-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't know why I am sticking my nose in this, but here goes. KingRage12 I'm sure you read some/many of these posts or threads and find out a lot of peoples opinions on which of engine builder is better than the other. I would like to say it is heresay or gossip/bullchit from others that have had their work done by someone else and not you. I mean like how can someone tell if "Joe Cool" copied "John Doe's" work. I am sure many of you engine builders do many of the same common motorwork procedures. I am also sure that you, Curtis Sparks and most other engine builders respect each other. I mean you all may have your own secrets for this or that. All I'm saying is that it seems like some people turn threads like this one into like a lil kids arguement of "my dads better than your dad" crap. I would like to add that if these builders weren't anygood they would be out of business, cuz no one wants to take a lot of their hard earned money to someone that builds junk. And I know many customers have their own opinions too but sometimes people like to blow things out of proportion.

I might kick my own ***** for this post, but whatever.

later
Aaron

KingRage12
11-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Easy to do on the net, especially when things are based on hearsay and we all know how things can get blown out of proportion when a story gets told from one person to the next. Thanks for pointing that out...

Colby@C&DRacing
11-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by philys21
Colby what nitrous system do you plan on using?

We will be using the Boss-Noss system with there efi controller, it is the most user friendly and makes better gains than a fogger system.

rummerd
11-13-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't want to be the guy beating the dead horse, but I did call and was not satisfied. Perhaps I was unlucky enough to call when the only person who could answer the phone was the guy who sweeps up or something. As I said, there are a lot of what if's on my situation as I did not have the motor work done myself. As this all happened a couple of years ago, water under the bridge for me, I am just not a Rage customer any more, or any less for that matter.

04Ltz40015
11-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Dee, the only reason that it came up was because when we were in their shop, pickig some parts up, we asked what happened with John. Thats when the guys that run the office told us what they did. There is always two sides to a story aswell, plus I was only stating what I had heard. I was only posting what I had heard about your company which is what this thread was originaly about, good and bad about Rage Motors.

KingRage12
11-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the info, I understand there are two sides to every story. I have the utmost respect for Curtis Sparks, Mark Baldwin, Tom Carlson and Dan Lamey and so on. I am going to say this, John came to me asking me to build him a motor that he was trying out three builders. I believe Curtis would not build his motor if John did not run his pipe, John got a deal with HMF. I built him a motor and the rest is history. I am sorry if there are hard feelings I did what was asked of me. Thanks for the heads up. Dee

rummerd
11-13-2006, 03:52 PM
I just gotta jump in one last time on this about copying another guys work. If the average guy were to inspect motors built by different builders, but built for the exact same application, I am sure it would be next to impossible for that average guy to be able to tell the difference.

knight rider
11-16-2006, 07:50 PM
kingrage12 i was hanging out with greg gee and the montreal supercross and gregs dad we had a long discussion about your work and so far im impresse buy what iv herd from him he gave me your personal # so that i could talk to you about getting my suzuki motor ready for next year i wont discuss further on here but i will definatley be giving u a call soon . mike

Ride1Rob
11-16-2006, 09:52 PM
There's a guy here that had his motor done by RageATV. From the conversations I had with the guy, it seemed that Dee was and is a nice guy. But there was something that raised a red flag to me:ermm: . The guy had to take his bike to a local shop b/c it wouldn't start about 2months after getting it back. Apparently the oil pump had gone bad and did some damage. When the shop pulled the motor apart the bike had a stock piston (guy paid for a GYT-R high comp piston) Guy also paid for the oil mod (wasn't done either). Was it a mixup? Probably was! But it's kind of hard for me to believe... The guy did however tell me that he was refunded some of his money. But the motor went to another shop and doesn't miss a beat.

KingRage12
11-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Ride1Rob,
I can understand however this would raise a red flag for you. I have been selling engines to the public a long time and fortunately I have not refunded anyone money on an issue with a build to date. Piston mixup, I do not use GYTR Pistons. or oil mod not getting done could be a possibility if there was a lack of communication or not written on origional job order, and I can assure you I would refund anyone discrepancy if it was brought to my attention. And thank you knightrider, Greg has been an awesome rider this year and I congradulate him on most improved rider at the GNCs...:D

11-17-2006, 06:11 AM
king rage is my nucca,tony

Ride1Rob
11-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by KingRage12
Ride1Rob,
I can understand however this would raise a red flag for you. I have been selling engines to the public a long time and fortunately I have not refunded anyone money on an issue with a build to date. Piston mixup, I do not use GYTR Pistons. or oil mod not getting done could be a possibility if there was a lack of communication or not written on origional job order, and I can assure you I would refund anyone discrepancy if it was brought to my attention. And thank you knightrider, Greg has been an awesome rider this year and I congradulate him on most improved rider at the GNCs...:D

Sorry about that Dee, he told me that you use your own customized pistons, but you did recommend going with the GYT-R when the bike was being redone here (He went with the CP) which I was also told what you customize to put in your motors. His piston however was stock... Saw it with my own eyes. I didn't mean that you refunded him completely, only sent him some back on what was supposed to be done that wasn't. Maybe he was lying, maybe he was misinformed? I'm pretty sure you know who I'm talking about...

Ride1Rob
11-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Sorry about that Dee, he told me that you use your own customized pistons, but you did recommend going with the GYT-R when the bike was being redone here (He went with the CP) which I was also told what you customize to put in your motors. His piston however was stock... Saw it with my own eyes. I didn't mean that you refunded him completely, only sent him some back on what was supposed to be done that wasn't. Maybe he was lying, maybe he was misinformed? I'm pretty sure you know who I'm talking about...

Just got a PM from Dee explaining EVERYTHING! The piston was correct. I won't tell Dee's secrets but the correct piston was installed in the bike. Sorry about that Dee... ;)