PDA

View Full Version : ply?

ocotilloboy
11-07-2006, 05:26 PM
I ride in Ocotillo Wells, where there are a couple rocks here and there but not enough too worry about ply It is all soft sand. But if I get a 6 ply tire will it be stiffer and give me a bad ride and also what is a good, high quality tire and rim(no beads).

Honda#4
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
The Holeshot HD's rear's and the Razr 2 rear's are very good tires for rocky conditions. But there are others too.

rooster300ex
11-07-2006, 08:20 PM
More ply equals more weight also. 6ply is for very rocky cond. and racers.

Kaleigh
11-08-2006, 10:07 AM
radials are the most comfortable to ride on..

Stein2088
11-09-2006, 09:46 AM
T-9 rims are look and perform great i have them my self but sometimes the ring on the outside of likes to hold in mud and dirt which makes clean up kinda annoying, i also have a set of Razer2's i love em and they wear great they do weigh a little bit more but when i compared them to my friends HD's i think its worth it, I've also heard the Irazer hooks up good but dunno about any wear on that and being a radial should make the ride nicer but you have to run more PSI so you dont break the bead on a ride... All in all if you dont want bead locks i say go T-9, and for your tire if your a racer and care more about weight than wear its really up to you on what u want to get but if your like me and just like to mess around and race your friends, go with somethin thatll last so your not spendin 200$ every other year on tires.... www.magicracing.com has some great deals also http://www.motosport.com/offroad/index.php has some good deals as well.... as a last word of encouragement... i've got around 200 rough miles on my R2's and i've yet to flop or worry about floppin em....

TGW_400ex
11-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I went from radials to 6-ply and noticed no differance.

Kaleigh
11-09-2006, 11:15 AM
T-9's bend easy.. they are good for track but if you like to ride hard in the trails.. stay clear.. stocks are better for the trail..

Kaleigh
11-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I went from radials to 6-ply and noticed no differance.

radials have a nicer feel when you are just riding on them and turning.. I swap mine back and forth all the time.. depends on what Im doing.. if im just cruising then i put my radials on..

Stein2088
11-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Kaleigh
T-9's bend easy.. they are good for track but if you like to ride hard in the trails.. stay clear.. stocks are better for the trail..

im not sure why u say they bend easy??? they have the simulated beadlock rolled into the wheel for added strength, as for sayin stock ones are better, not on a 400ex my 01 stock honda rims arent near as thick as my T-9's... are you sure this is the rim your thinking of??? http://www.motosport.com/offroad/productDetail.php?prodId=311529&nav=4&sMMY=HONDA;TRX400EX;2001

Kaleigh
11-09-2006, 12:09 PM
i got t-9's all around and everyone has a ding in it.. its the lip that is not strong against impact.. im not saying the rim is no good.. I like this rim alot.. but if anything got T-9 baja.. worth the eztra money.. reg t9 dont have a rolled edge..

Stein2088
11-09-2006, 05:35 PM
i stand corrected.... the whole time i was talking about the T-9 i was refering to the baja its amazing how one word screws me all up lol... sorry bout that... but ur rite the baja is great....

Kaleigh
11-09-2006, 06:44 PM
lol.. not a problem.. :macho