PDA

View Full Version : Help - What Axle?? Dura Blue? Lone star? RPM?

BillyT
11-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Looking at axles (for YFZ 450) and hearing some conflicting things -

Which axle is the best (or the best for the money) in your experience?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colby@C&DRacing
11-07-2006, 04:11 PM
I would go with the Lonestar, RPM or even the new leager axle They all have a warranty

BillyT
11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the input Colby.

What is this new "leager" axle you mentioned? I've never heard of it. Any info or links to check it out?

Colby@C&DRacing
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=262884

BillyT
11-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Did some research on the warranties -

Looks like Lager will replace a broken axle just one time. Durablue will replace one time free, but after that you have to pay (a reduced price) for every replacement. Lonestar and RPM are the only ones that will replace free no matter how many times they break.

Just on basis of warranty, it looks like LSR or RPM are best - but that alone doesn't really say how good the axles are themselves. I mean, the last thing I want is to be constantly breaking axles and sending them back to be replaced, even if it is free (and of course you still have to pay all the shipping with all of them).

I found an ad by RPM that says over 70% of the pros use their dominator axle. Does anybody know if that is really true? If so, you'd think those guys would be in the best position to tell what's best, since they've probably broken a LOT of axles :)

bradley300
11-08-2006, 08:21 AM
laeger has made suspension componets for years, pretty much a bench mark for the industry for anything they make. now they are making axles. bet for the money is a lonestar, best is a RPM, i'm sure the Laeger is great, but i wouldnt tell you to buy something i dont have any experience with

Colby@C&DRacing
11-08-2006, 08:49 AM
I agree on the warranty part the LSR and RPM have great warranties. I personally run the RPM axle but sell more of the Lonestar I believe do to price and equal quality. No one has experience with the leager yet because they just came out. Judging the companies track history I am sure it will be a great product.

BillyT
11-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I personally run the RPM axle but sell more of the Lonestar I believe do to price and equal quality.

What's the price difference? What would be a good price for each of them?