PDA

View Full Version : boxes

quadracer707
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi Pappy,

My som wants to send out Frame & sub frame along with swing arm to get powder coated & frame Rath MX Gussted.. Where the heck can you find a box BIG enough to send out. I took the dimensions off your posts 40x16x24 No one in my area has anything including the post office, or my local shipping company. We do not have a UPS, FED EX or DHL store near us. Would you send out a flat box that you ship back in. PM me I can give you my address along with info for payment on everything.

Thanx Wade

parkers30
11-07-2006, 11:58 AM
from the pricing and shipping sticky:

Shipping a frame usually runs around $35 each way. Ofc ourse when we send it back the cost is more due to the packaging supplies we need to protect your new finish. We absorb the added cost and it is included in the price of the parts. The best way to send us a frame is to take cardboard and wrap the frame(do not make a box) Tape and secure the cardboard and then measure the outside dimensions. Usually 40x 16 x24 is the measurement we use for DHL and UPS and havent had any issues. Frames weigh an average 34 pounds(40 if boxed) Our zip code is 25427

Pappy
11-07-2006, 03:23 PM
You can also use 2 20x20x20 boxes, although 24 x 16 x 20 boxes work the best.