PDA

View Full Version : tinting car windows

killen them all
11-07-2006, 11:10 AM
hey i am tinting my saabs windows 5 % limo. i was woundering if any of you guys have any good tricks on tinting window. i am also doing the escapes 32% in the front and keeping the backs the factory 20%!!!

what elis should i do to the escape and saab. i want to make the saab look like a new saab 9-3 areo

ps the saab is f/s its a saab 9-3 turbo conv 5 speed with black leather and K&N cold air intake with new saab 9-5 bbs rims with new khomo tires i will take trades

TheMachine
11-07-2006, 12:40 PM
The main things in window tint are to keep your blade sharp and don't be afraid to use alot of water. If you mist the liner around the window it can keep debree from sticking to the tint. Also when you peel the clear off the tint and go to put it on the window, walk backwards with the tint so it's not like your useing it as a dust magnet. But the main thing to know is that a perfect tint job is impossible! Hope some of that helps

PismoLocal
11-07-2006, 01:00 PM
For your solution use a spray bottle filled with water and then put one or two DROPS of dish soap in it. It will keep the tint lubricated and prevent it from sticking to the window while you try and get it fitted. If you accidentally crease your tint its worthless throw it away. Take your time with your squeegy if you go to fast you could crease/scratch the tint. Squeegy out all the bubbles you can usually you can get them all out, if there are some bubbles left that seem impossible to get out use a heat gun and the squeegy at the same time to get rid of them.

killen them all
11-07-2006, 01:11 PM
thanks for the help guys keep the good info coming ill post pic this weekend