PDA

View Full Version : Street legal Rhino

BlueArmyYFZ450
11-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Alright guys plain and simple i wanna make my rhino 660 street legal, what do i need to do?

i figured it wouldnt be much figuring its got seatbelts n tailights and headlights.

I was also wondering since you always see sport atvs with big chrome rims on them if nebody new a car wheel bolt pattern that would match a rhino or grizzly so i could get regular rims n tires to make it handle better

i think it be pretty cool , and as of right now my rhino has 27" mudlites, hmf exhaust, and a Dynatec cdi

Jonesy
11-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Where do you live? Each state is different when it comes to registering a vehicle. I know in Kentucky it is much easier to register a home built 3 wheel creation than it is a 4 wheel vehicle.

If I was you I'd go to the local court house and get some information on what all is required. Things like mirrors, turn signals, headlights, license plate mount are a given. However certain states have bumper height regulations, noise limits, windshield requirements, and countless other things that may be needed.

Creech52
11-07-2006, 10:05 AM
A working Horn is usally required to be street legal. ITP I believe sells car tire kits for most SxS's And like they said check you local requirements, In PA you can have a road legal motorcycle if has 3 wheels or less, meaning no quads, however if you got the conversions that make it have a single rear wheel you can get it road legal.