PDA

View Full Version : jetting question

86250rbanshee
11-07-2006, 08:11 AM
I didn't really see a setup like mine there is quite a few things on it so I'm going to continue to look. But here is my question.

I have a 86' 25r DG pipe, LRD silencer, engine is stock as far as I know (never had it apart) no need to runs great. I believe its a stock Keihn carb on it, I have a K&n filter w/outerwears on it, but I just got a airbox bracket to remove box, because of my nolink. So from recommendations it says to jump it up 2 sizes main jet,. So i took carb apart and I have a 152 in there, right now what the heck jet should I put in I read where 158 is stock jet. I run 32to1 93 octane and torco gp7 same as my shee, both run awesome but me seeing that stock jet was 158 now I'm confused.
Oh I just remember, I also have a reed spacer and a Boyseen Rad valve in there.

Let me know what you guys think

86 Quad R
11-07-2006, 09:13 AM
being a banshee owner you are familiar with plug chopping right. since the R ran good before, i'd recommend that ya bump up 2 sizes on the main and perform a WOT plug chop and go from there. get a base for the main then dial in the needle and pilot.

as a rule of thumb, make sure that the float level is set and as a safe measure, make sure there are no leaks in the rest of the system. including the exhaust. juss my .02 worf.