PDA

View Full Version : King Quad 700

supermans400ex
11-07-2006, 05:49 AM
Alright fellows, What do yall think about this atv? One of my friends has either a 06 or 07 King Quad 700 black. He only put 700 miles on it and just doesn't ride it any more, he has been wanting a racing bike so i'm going today to ride his and he is going to ride mine and we are going to see bout doing some trading. I have a 2003 Honda 400ex stock with nerf bars that is in mint condition (doesn't even have mud stains on head pipe). My question is what do you think would be a good trade, i mean how much boot do you think i should give? And also I'd like to hear what yall think of this atv and if any of you have pics i'd love to see them.

11-07-2006, 06:08 AM
look up kelly blue book/you say yours is mint plus nerfs/have him take off $3500-3900 off of what he paided for the king.

supermans400ex
11-07-2006, 07:13 AM
I know a while back when he first got it he said he paid a thousand down on it, i'm not for sure how much he owes on it. How much is one brand new??

firefighterjosh
11-09-2006, 12:17 AM
I have done alot of research about the King Quad 700 and they are very good machines. Personally I am going with the Arctic Cat 700. It fits me better and is basically the same quad. My big there is the KQ you have to be 15MPH or under to shift into 4wd but the AC you can shift into it at any speed and I want to race this machine and that would make it real nice to do.

I would say give him 3k and that would be a good deal

11-09-2006, 01:58 AM
Suzuki makes the engine and trans in both so more research should show the "no shift to 4wd above 15mph" is the same for both.

TOPDAWG
11-11-2006, 05:17 AM
That King Quad 700 is worth much more than your EX. Do it.

firefighterjosh
11-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 700YELLOWRAPTOR
Suzuki makes the engine and trans in both so more research should show the "no shift to 4wd above 15mph" is the same for both.

Yes they make the engine and trans but not the 4wd system. I called 2 dealerships and the AC you can shift into 4wd on the fly were you have to be under 13 MPH for the suzuki and Kawi

bigbadbrad
11-15-2006, 12:35 PM
no you do not have to be under 15mph to shift it into 4x4, you have to be under 15mph to lock the front diff, you can shift it into 4x4 at any speed, that is why they call it shift on the fly, and dont try to tell me diffrent because i own one, and i have done it.

and also you are much better of with the zuki then the ac, it costs alot less foe the zuki then the ac and your getting the same thing except the zuki handle better, in my opinon, the ac has no swaybars, so they make the suspension stiff so it does not roll in turns.

firefighterjosh
11-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
no you do not have to be under 15mph to shift it into 4x4, you have to be under 15mph to lock the front diff, you can shift it into 4x4 at any speed, that is why they call it shift on the fly, and dont try to tell me diffrent because i own one, and i have done it.

and also you are much better of with the zuki then the ac, it costs alot less foe the zuki then the ac and your getting the same thing except the zuki handle better, in my opinon, the ac has no swaybars, so they make the suspension stiff so it does not roll in turns.

Really.... you can shift them at any speed? Another reason not to trust the dealership.

There is more diffrence between the zuki and AC.

Diffrence
Intake
Exhaulst
CDI
Arctic cat is also known for there great 4wd systems. Suppossibly they are diffrent. The cat is heavier. It has a whole diffrent chassis. The cat is suppose to handle better then the Suzuki (it dosen't have the twictchy feeling) I guess I want to get a Cat because it looks better (my opinion) also I can get a AC LE for the same price as a Zuki KQ
:D

O ya I am stillin the market for a Suzuki but my first pick is the AC

4trax250x81
12-29-2006, 02:57 PM
You can shift to 4wd over 15 mph, i did it about 10 minutes ago. I love my King Quad, once the copperhead comes out there wont be any problems.

firefighterjosh
12-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 4trax250x81
You can shift to 4wd over 15 mph, i did it about 10 minutes ago. I love my King Quad, once the copperhead comes out there wont be any problems.

Yea I ended up buying a KQ 700 and figured out alot of stuff.:D