PDA

View Full Version : WB E-Series owners...question for you

SLB400EX
07-30-2001, 12:29 PM
We just received Rob's E-series Pro Meg system today..I have a strange question: There is a rather large dent on the side(sub-frame side) of the silencer about half way back, almost right under the mounting bracket.
Is this normal or did they dent it when they shipped it?
I called Rocky Mnt (where we got it from) and all I could get from them was "some silencer have dents". They are out of the Pro Megs now so she could look at one and see for herself.
I called WB...(that was a joke)..one guy told me there is s'posed to be a dent in the silencer so the rotor won't hit the silencer when the suspension compresses..I didn't like his answer and I basically told him that. He tried to put me thru to another guy but I was on hold waaay to long and ended up getting someone else's voice mail...I got pissed and hung up.
I know this may sound strange...I'm just not sure what to expect here.
Thanks..Sherri.

Stunz
07-30-2001, 12:43 PM
The guy from White Brothers is on the level with you.
I have that same "dent" on mine.

Originally posted by SLB400EX
...rather large dent on the side...
I called WB...one guy told me there is s'posed to be a dent in the silencer so the rotor won't hit the silencer when the suspension compresses..Thanks..Sherri.

wyndzer
07-30-2001, 12:47 PM
Yes the dent is supposed to be there. WB went ahead and dented it for you . If they had not you would eventually have dented it plus ruined your brake.

SLB400EX
07-30-2001, 12:51 PM
Hmmmm, wanna know how stupid I feel now. I had no idea...
I just didn't buy his rotor explanation for some reason..I do feel dumb now.
Guess we'll go slap the system on now..
Thanks ... Sherri

Razorback
07-30-2001, 01:01 PM
Yea Sherri, don't feel dumb. I have the eSeries and that dent justs looks crappy. I don't really buy that rotor theory either, but I guess they are just covering their *****, but it doesn't make their product as presentable as it could be. I would think you'd have to be doing some serious jumping to ever hit the rotor or have a big ***** rotor :)

SLB400EX
07-30-2001, 01:51 PM
We have NEVER heard any one mention a dent in the silencer before..now we know(and who ever else is reading this). We just didn't expect a dent like that in a $450 system..
Rob(my husband) thought the same thing RazorbackEXRider said..you would really have to bottom out big time to come close to the rotor.
And I have to wonder how many comments Rob will get on the dent in his silencer.
Once again...appreciate the help!!! (I still feel stupid though LOL!)
Later..Sherri