PDA

View Full Version : rear shocks that are direct link (measurements)

wishmasstir
11-06-2006, 07:33 PM
i picked up a 1985 honda odysssey fl350r and the rear shocks are stiffer than a 13 year old watching dancing with the stars. i need some measurements of rear shocks that i could maybe use on the odyssey. i was thinking that a stock 300ex rear shock would be close to the same length as one ody shock. obviously i would need 2 of them but i think it might work, at least better than it is now. i'm going to measure the rear shocks on the ody this week so if you could get me some measurements, that would be greatly appreciated.

the shock would need to be for a standard link style rear shock.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-07-2006, 08:04 AM
The rear shocks are 15.25'' long. Why not just buy a new set of works shocks for the rear and make the suspension work correctly the pair on new shocks is $377

wishmasstir
11-07-2006, 08:23 AM
i'm trying to keep the odyssey funds down low...real low

i was just trying to find something that might work better than the stock shocks as an even cheaper alternative to the work shocks that i hear work great. i'm 200pds and i jumped up and down on the rear end and it doesnt even move a half inch

wishmasstir
11-09-2006, 12:59 PM
i'm gonna try bolting up a 300ex shock maybe this weekend. i'll let you know how it turns out, obviously i'll need another one to actually "test" it. i'm not up for spending more on shocks than i did the odyssey yet.