PDA

View Full Version : what build should i go for ?

bigbadbubba
11-06-2006, 06:13 PM
alright.... before i buy any parts for the quad im not 100% sure on how i should build it

i have never done mx before but it looks like i would enjoy it alot .... ive always wanted to do it and all that stuff

but im not to keen on woods racing but yet i do it alot and it looks kinda fun its just i HATE hill climbs and theres a lot in there..... i mean its fun and all but hills just dont do it for me thats probably the only reason i dont like woods riding are hills

but ... if i do get into racing i will probably do alot of woods ones because there all over where mx isn't i only know of like 4-5 tracks and xc is everywhere

so what do u guys think should i go for the mx build or xc build ?

jfarrar30
11-06-2006, 07:16 PM
if your woods tracks are wide enough why not buy a set of z400 rear hubs and 4/1 offset front wheels maybe another set of stock shocks built for xc and do both?shocks and wheels wouldnt be hard to change

YFZ450Ridr
11-06-2006, 07:37 PM
i say ride it first for a few months and see what you like better. from where it stands now you say you dont know what to build it for, so i wouldnt build it up for one thing and then not like what you built it for.

bigbadbubba
11-06-2006, 08:44 PM
yeah but im just trying to get this set up for next years racing when i turn 16 so i cant really race just practice

Derno24
11-07-2006, 05:57 AM
I would go with what Farrar posted. A set of stock shocks set-up for xc and a set for mx. Get the rear hubs and 4-1 fronts and you are good to go. Save the money till you know what you want to do. Nothing worse than dropping ton's of money and then realizing you don't want to do that kind of racing. Oh yeah if you do XC get skid plates.