PDA

View Full Version : broken axle!!!

acw592
11-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I just broke my axle. Went over one of our jumps, not even very fast, landed and it snapped on the brake side just inside the carrier. Broke the carrier also. This in an 03 pred. Aren't these axle's Dura Blu? If so do they have some type of warranty? I can't believe the thing broke. If any Predator Owners members read this, maybee you could help me out. I log in, It says welcome ( my name ) but I can't post anything. It will let me type and submit a post, but then it's not there. I can't seem to find a link or email to get ahold of a moderator. Thanks

kc8pnd
11-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Sorry to hear about that axle man, them axles are chromoly steel and weigh a ton!! you must of hit on one wheel and found a weak spot.

Try this : http://www.predatorowners.com/index.cfm?action=email&userid=4

Scotty7304
11-06-2006, 06:31 PM
They are made by Team I believe and I think they are lifetime waranty

acw592
11-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks Guys!!

MAaudioX10
11-07-2006, 12:24 AM
They are made by team axle but, your S.O.L on the warranty. Team builds those axles for Polaris. Therefore, any warranty concerns need to go through Polaris. Given the age of the bike, Polaris will just tell you to stick it.

katch26
11-07-2006, 06:05 AM
as far as posting make sure that you fill out the forum and the topic basically both of the scroll down boxes. I always do one but not the other and it will mot correct you or post.

acw592
11-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I spoke with Team Ind. today and like you said, there is no warranty. It was worth a try though. Has there been a problem with these breaking? Iv'e never broken an axle before.

Katch26, I'll give that a try, Thanks.

kc8pnd
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
acw592, what kind of riding do you do? Whats your weight? Do you give people rides on your quad (2 or more people)? do you do a lot of jumping? Just trying to figure out what might of helped it break.

MAaudioX10
11-07-2006, 07:56 PM
The 05 and newer Polaris Predator have lifetime warranties on the axles and chains.

ACW, it is extremely rare to see a broken axle on a Predator. These axles from the factory (team) are very strong. A lot stronger than any other stock axle available. In fact, that is what is keeping me from investing in a new axle is because I don't think I'll find anything stronger.

I have beat the living chit out of my axle. I've totalled beadlock wheels before, never the axle. So, I am very surprised to even see this. This is the first time I've even seen a broken pred axle.

My guess is you just got a bad axle.

kc8pnd
11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Wonder if he had a bearing lock up and the race wear on the axle? I know when I had my axle out it was a heavy mother. they are gargantuan compared to other stock axles.

acw592
11-08-2006, 08:36 PM
I do quite a bit of jumping, Love to JUMP!, but it's just on our track here at home, a few small singles. The peak of my largest jump is around 5 feet tall. I weigh 190lbs and am the only one on the quad when I ride. I have jumped the 400ex's and the predator on these jumps over and over. I was shocked when it broke. I was thinking the same thing, probably just got a bad axle. I am glad to hear this is not a common problem.

katch26
11-09-2006, 02:09 PM
theres a guy parting out a pred and selling an aftermarket axle cant beat the price
http://www.predatorowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=5&topid=13&thrid=31963&posthist=-24