PDA

View Full Version : s.arm skid plate

cbr
11-06-2006, 03:11 PM
whats the best swing arm skid plate for cross country? 1/4" aluminum or stainless steel? whats the best frame skid plate for the money, also? im trying to decide.

05Z400rdr
11-06-2006, 03:24 PM
i would have to say PRM for cross country. i have their 1/4'' swingarm skid on my z and it is very good. also what i like about it is that it covers the rear linkage too. also, i have PRM as a full chassis skid plate too....very dependent. www.prm-atv.com

Landon

cbr
11-06-2006, 06:02 PM
thats what i was looking at in dirtwheels. have you nailed any rocks with it yet? i was thinking of a stainless steel skid, but i dont know who makes them. i called lone star and they havent made any yet for the ltr. oh yea, do you have to take your fr. skid off to access the engine- oil drain bolts, cuz you know its tuff to get in there without one, unless you have 'elbow' extension for your ratchet.

05Z400rdr
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
yeah i nailed a lot of things (espescailly rocks) vry vry hard n i have not one dent in it! i would get PRM's...i dont think there is no need for stainless, plus that would just add more unnecisary wait to your quad. and yes...it has a hole drilled in it big enough to stick a socket (w/ a regular, straight extension) up thru to access the oil drain

cbr
11-06-2006, 06:51 PM
sweet, cuz were having a atv rally in hopedale, ohio on the 25th and i want to be ready for the worst, and get some protection. prise wise, did you buy direct or from your local bike shop? heck, are you on the west side of PA?

05Z400rdr
11-06-2006, 07:06 PM
dude thats awesome! yeah...i bought it direct from PRM...not from a dealer. Also i lost a part and they sent me a new 1 for free...so they r very nice to their customers. uhh, yeah kinda...i live bout 30-45mins away from Harrisburg, PA

cbr
11-06-2006, 07:10 PM
hopedale-sportsmans-club.com check it out. hopefully the weather co-operates!! i also need to order a spare uni filter before me and group of buddies go.

05Z400rdr
11-07-2006, 02:41 PM
thats cool. also...you should ride at mountain ridge : www.mountainridgeatvtrails.com this place is a BLAST we go there a lot...also...idk if u ever heard of the quadfest, but thats where it was this year and rumor is that it will be held there next year too. it is about 5miles away from where flight 93 went down on 9/11. it is soooo much fun. LOTS of trails for ever skill rider, mud bog, motocross tracks, etc. check it out. i think the next time we r goin up is 11/18

cbr
11-07-2006, 04:04 PM
sweet! thanks. i ordered a .250" s.arm skid from prm today and a pro armour frame skid from magic racing also. 145.00 for s.arm skid and 111.00 for fr.skid with shipping. hopefully it was a good deal, didnt want to shop to much. i wanted to get my quad ready for hopedale. .