PDA

View Full Version : F'in doctors.......

coolguy8769
11-06-2006, 03:09 PM
SUCK!!

well i went in today to get the brace off. and come to find out he thinks i should have it on for another 2 weeks. no big deal i can handle that i'v had it for 9 already.

what got me heated was that he promissed me that i would not need this after 7-8 weeks. when he walked in to the room he didnt even remember me! he had to read my chart before he could even say my name! let alone what was wrong with me. now i understand that he is very busy, i mean he's a spinal surgen (sp?),but he could'v at least read my chart before comin in.....

then when he tells me 2 more weeks i though he was kidding, when i asked him he said yes to keep it on another month ( i was livid) then he said no lets take it off today! finally i got fed up and told him to "stop with the bullsh*t and tell me if i get this damn thing off" and then he said 2 weeks and said to pay at the front desk and WALKED OUT! no good luck, bye, have a nice day...

this guy has maybe talked to me for a total of 10 minutes since i broke my back, and i'v had 5 appointments with him. personally i think the guy is a complete jerk off, but w/e!

alright my venting is over with :mad:

DieselBoy
11-06-2006, 03:25 PM
My back doctor is like that, too. He's hardly said anything useful in all the times I've gone, and he does not seem to know an apple from an orange. No matter what I ask he just says hard to tell, or I dunno, and now I have physio. My back has been getting progressively worse.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-06-2006, 05:48 PM
My doc is like that too. Ive seen him 20+ times and he did a 2 hour surgery on me. He still doesnt remember who i am. Kinda pisses me off. But he has those 2 minute appointments all day. That means he sees a chitload of ppl but ive been seeing him for over a year. I came in every week or other week for the first few months.

I have noticed he says the exact same thing every time he sees me. Doesnt listen to anything i have to say either.

enduro400rider
11-06-2006, 08:14 PM
haha i had an orthodontist like that, the dude wasnt in his office for more that an hour a day, he had his assistants do all the work and i would have to sit in a chair and wait for him to check the work, the longest i had to wait for him was just over an hour and a half. just so he could look at my teeth for 30 sec and leave. that guy was out for money, he made me have my jaw re-broken so it would move 2 millimeters, there was no noticable differance in this waste of time, and it just made life misserable for about 2 months. i had my last appointment probably 3 months ago when they took my braces off. he tried to tell me i had to ware my retainers ect. after holding in all the anger i had torward him over the years i just called him out, basically i told him keep the retainers i wont ware them so dont waste my time, dont scedual another appointment i wont come. i let him know i knew everything was about money, and if i saw or heard him hit on my mom one more time i would kick his *****, i forgot to add that he hit on my mom everytime she went in :mad: . this was all in front of his other patients and some off the parents, lets just say he was a little embarresed as i expressed my feeling, at a rather high volume, he stood there silent. you just gotta tell these doctors whats up

coolguy8769
11-06-2006, 08:16 PM
my problem is that he couldn't even remember what he told me last visit, and my mom got pissed cause it was clear that it seemed like he flat out didnt care what i thought

awsomeaussies
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
When I broke my back, I had a body cast on for 3 months and I had 1 appointment every week... I don't think I ever had the same doctor once:mad: Everytime we'd go to Harborview Hospital, we'd sit and wait... and then sit again and wait for xrays, and then go to another waiting room and sit again, then finally get in the doctors office and wait again. Then he's in there for like 10 minutes max. It usually took over 6 hours everytime we'd go. And I know there busy too, but it can be pretty ridicules:rolleyes:

MAaudioX10
11-07-2006, 12:40 AM
You know what, no matter how dumb you think your doctor is, chances are he knows more than you about your injury.

When I broke my back, I hated the waiting and, paying the bills but, you know what. I got to walk myself out. That is the best feeling in the world.

Medicine is just like any other profession. The customer always thinks they're right and, most of them are azzholes. Try dealing with a few hundred people a month and see if you remember them all.

wilkin250r
11-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Medicine has become a horrible profession.

The only thing I can compare it to is waiting tables. Imagine seating and waiting on 30 or so people every day, and be expected to remember their names and what they ate four weeks later? Not a chance.

The cure would be to see fewer patients, to be able to give each one more attention. But that's just not possible with the way health care and costs are these days. Many family doctors make less than $100K a year. Sure, it sounds like a lot, but considering it requires an 8-year degree, $100K is peanuts. And that's with the way things are now, could you really ask them to cut their business and income in half just to be able to remember your name?

hondaracer31
11-07-2006, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Medicine has become a horrible profession.

The only thing I can compare it to is waiting tables. Imagine seating and waiting on 30 or so people every day, and be expected to remember their names and what they ate four weeks later? Not a chance.

The cure would be to see fewer patients, to be able to give each one more attention. But that's just not possible with the way health care and costs are these days. Many family doctors make less than $100K a year. Sure, it sounds like a lot, but considering it requires an 8-year degree, $100K is peanuts. And that's with the way things are now, could you really ask them to cut their business and income in half just to be able to remember your name?

Not to mention what their insurance costs for a year.
Ever heard of "mal-practice"?

Mxjunkie
11-07-2006, 05:24 AM
Yeah doctor's insurance suck's in PA almost all of our top doctor's went to delaware.

I allway's try and joke around with the doctor and shoot the chit so he'll remeber me somewhat, I had a doctor mess up my last name every month I went there :p

rbgnwa45
11-07-2006, 06:56 AM
You should have faith in your doctors practice (ironic how it's called that). I think they deserve the upmost respect. I do have a few gripes about some, one time I had an ear infection and I was prescribed 3 times the tylenol I needed, took the dose for a day, and got a call from the hospital saying it was way off. Last week I went to get some blood taken and this student nurse couldn't find a vein in my arm, hell, I could have done it. Thanks for sticking a cold needle in my sensitive arm area over and over yeah thanks :o

Ichoptop
11-07-2006, 07:12 AM
I broke my back about 8 years ago. My doctor was the coolest (of course he also rebuilt a foot and ankle for me and replaced a knee before that. He rode a big Harley and always was super cool with me. He even taped a few of my surgeries to use at the department of medicine at CU. He was nice enough to cut around my tattoos on my back when he had to slice me open as to not scar them. Anyhow, he sent me a thank you card when his youngest daughter graduated college and invited me to the party where he went around and introduced me to everyone as the kid that put his girls (3 of them) through school.
I still get a christmas card every year.

Quad18star
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Sucks you had a bad experience , but just like others have said , these doctors see upwards of 50 or more people a day , then have to spend hours writting reports , answering letters, calls and emails from other doctors, insurance companies , etc .

I was lucky enough ( or unlucky enough) that when I had my shatter in my leg , that it was so severe that he remembered me from the incident , but I've had some doctors that have litterally saved my life and 3 weeks later go in for a check-up and don't have a clue who you are . Can't really blame them . I'm sure they'd love to spend an hour talking to you and telling you about everything , but they just don't have enough time in a day to do it .

Like Wilkin said , they may make $100 000 a year , but 8 years of schooling and the countless hours the put in , makes that $100 000 seem like nothing . Heck you can go out and become a tradesperson and easily make $100 000 + a year and not put in as many hours as these doctors do.

Creech52
11-07-2006, 10:00 AM
What gets me is stupid foreign doctors...for instance I got sick back in third grade, well my parents took me to the ER where I threw up a couple times, got stabbed in the *** with penicilin, and got some X-rays. So im sitting there on the exam table miserable as all hell. The doctor tells my parents I have bronchitis and ill be alright and leaves the room. Then across the hall the X-ray tech calls my parents over, shows them my x-rays and explains to them I have pnemonia in one lung pretty damn bad and I need admitted to get better. So im in the hospital for one week getting care. The lady that gives me the breathing therapy thing just comes in plugs the machine in the wall, sticks the mouthpeice in my mouth tells me to breathe through it then leaves...shes no longer employed at that hospital... Then after the week is up the ER doctors wife who is also foreign tells me Im better and can go home. So my mom basically carries me into the car and then into the house because im too weak to do it on my own. Now she calls our family doctor who tells her to bring me in as soon as possible, so I go in she looks at me then sends over to the local hospital to get checked out and admitted again. This time the X-rays show that now both of my lungs have fluid in them. Im there for another week with much better care and recover. two weeks, 14 or more blood tests, 3 IVs, and Im all better when it woulda took a week at one good hostpital with competent doctors. The first hospital was crap, everyone knew it, the doctors were morons, but it was the closest place.