PDA

View Full Version : kinda scary.......

coolguy8769
11-06-2006, 02:57 PM
alright well since early september i have only started my yfz twice. I just went out to start it and let her warm up just to see if she was still alive. Now when i last rode it was 70+ outside, today it was about 45. When i was tryin to get it to idle it wouldnt without the choke. and the header got EXTREMLY red. i mean i'v seen glowing headers but damn! when i would rev it little sparks would come off of the header :huh

it clonked out on me once or twice and then the third time i gave up. It was running for about 5 minutes. is this reason to be concerned or is it just because it hasnt been started in forever

Kaleigh
11-06-2006, 03:01 PM
you can raise your Pilot jet.. the cold air is great but now you need more fuel..

Kaleigh
11-06-2006, 03:06 PM
the hot header means you are lean at idle.. this is your Pilot.. you can also try to tape up some of you filter.. restrict the amount of air goin in will make it rich.. try this.. but only at idle.. see if the problem goes away.. if so.. change your Pilot to be safe..

CHEVYZ
11-06-2006, 03:13 PM
You are running extremely lean. When it gets colder, you need to richen it up.

coolguy8769
11-06-2006, 03:45 PM
so just order a 50 poilt?

Toadz400
11-07-2006, 01:08 PM
What mods are you running right now and what's your current jetting?

2muchquad
11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
The yzf 4 strokes ALL run hotter when idling for extended periods.If it starts to pop when you back off the throttle then try a fuel screw adjustment or bigger pilot,cherry red header is normal on these bikes when they idle too long;)

Toadz400
11-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
The yzf 4 strokes ALL run hotter when idling for extended periods.If it starts to pop when you back off the throttle then try a fuel screw adjustment or bigger pilot,cherry red header is normal on these bikes when they idle too long;)

That is true, but he is also running lean because it sounds like he has not rejetted for the colder weather. He said he was just riding in 70 degree weather so chances are he's jetted for those warmer temps.