View Full Version : ate it bad yesterday

flattrack440ex
11-06-2006, 10:37 AM
i ate it bad yesterday. its the first time i have been home from college this year, i started in aug., so i had to go riding. so me and my buddies were riding my practice track and i went for this jump that i have its about a 55' gap but the take off is very steep so it launches you very high. i came at this jump goin what i thought the same speed i did it with in aug. but i guess not. i flew about 48' and cased on the face of the landing and from that point on i dont remember what happened. my friends told me it flipped me forward while the quad rode its nose down the landing. at the bottom of the landing it started flippin end over end and i got thrown head first into the ground. then the quad landed on my right side and my back and head. i couldnt breathe for a while and for a few min i couldnt feel my back. turns out i now have a sprianed wrist and thumb, torn muscles in my back and leg on the right side, and a concussion. quad now nwwsa a new stering stem and the bottom right shock bold sheered completley off. even though it sucks that i fell and im in a lot of pain right now i thank god for helmets because it saved my life and i also thank god for not haveing any broken bones and not being paralyzed. i just wanted to share this with people to say that even if you have done something hundreds and hundreds of times things can still go wrong.

krt400ex
11-06-2006, 10:46 AM
wow, that sounded like an aweful crash...it could have been alot worse though....glad to see that ur not hurt as bad as it could have benn...i will keep u in my prayers....

flattrack440ex
11-06-2006, 11:41 AM
thanks im glad for that too. sorry about spelling i cant see straite right now so i was kinda guesing where the keys were lol. im just dissapointed that i dont have it on vido id love to see it and what went wrong. i have never wanted to hit a jump so bad in my life as i do rite now. when i heal up im goin for it again i know i can do it ive donje it before and i will do it again

krt400ex
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by flattrack440ex
thanks im glad for that too. sorry about spelling i cant see straite right now so i was kinda guesing where the keys were lol. im just dissapointed that i dont have it on vido id love to see it and what went wrong. i have never wanted to hit a jump so bad in my life as i do rite now. when i heal up im goin for it again i know i can do it ive donje it before and i will do it again

lol, i tok a aspill a few weeks ago and we had a camera, but he missed it...i would have loved to see it. it makes u wonder what u did wrong....

11-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Glad to hear you are OK.

REALLY glad.

Its why I don't ride MX much. What I ride as "MX" isn't really even MX. Its small jumps.

Stay safe. Heal up.

flattrack440ex
11-06-2006, 03:33 PM
im glad im ok too. it kinda sucks now not just because im hurtin but because my family and my fiance and her family are all trying to get me to quit racing but none of them understand. its like an addiction its my passion and i cant give it up gettin hurt is just part of it.