PDA

View Full Version : What are we doing wrong?

dirtmomma
11-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Ok well we have a Kasea 50 that we are running the snow hog 8" tires up front w/ offset wheels, along w/ AC Pro Peg nerfs BUT the tires run on the nerfs when you turn the wheels :confused: we had this issue all last year & want to FIX IT for this year as we have pumped it up & don't want to rob HP or have an accident due to rubbing!! I know most of you run the 19" front tires on your 90's ect. so how W/O buying extended arms do we do away w/ this????? Also we have 1" spacers on the front but they don't help any :( if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!!!!!!

thanks in advance :) need help ASAP as our 1st race is this weeeknd ;)

BradLoomis
11-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Running negative offset rims and spacers on the front will only make the rubbing issue worse. The wheel will actually move forward and reverse when you turn the handle bars, because of this set up. With wider a arms you will turn the rim around to the positive setting and not run the spacers and still have the same width.

I think your real issue is that the nerf bars are mounted to far forward and that is why they are rubbing.

wvspeedfreak
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
I agree with Brad.You may have your nerfs mounted too far forward,there isn't alot of room for error on these.When Austin's Kasea was stock the first thing I did was put on nerfs.The next upgrade was wheels and tires and I ran them reversed like you are(until we bought a arms) and ours never rubbed.Could you post a pic of yours?

dirtmomma
11-06-2006, 06:52 PM
OK thanks :) guess it's going up to get fixed, hopefully before the weekend we'll see!!

QuadJunkies
11-06-2006, 11:46 PM
I agree with both said... ;) Troy said the same thing also.