PDA

View Full Version : Service Manual or Stock Swingarm pics

Def-e-nition
11-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Hey guys .

3 Things .This place always has loads of Info , now im the one in the need for some info this time .

1 :***************

2 : Does anybody have pics of the workings of a stock swingarm / Im curious to see inside the thing as I rode hard on saturday and would like to give the poor Bike some attention . Its an 05 Model .

3: The resevoirs on a set of Stock 450 front Shocks , have what appears to be a Silver "nut " underneath that could be screwed out - Are these shocks able to be re-gassed at a lower pressure perhaps ??COuld a standard honda franchised dealer do it with the correct mechanic ? or am I being cheap-skate ?

The shaocks are fine , I had a LONG ride on saturday with them . 110mile enduro , I noticed the bike was a little hard on my soft gay arms a little :D , and thats simply because , as you all know , the shocks are mounted on a t rx almost 8mm compressed from the word go . I was wondering if I could find a way to re-gass them ? The other option would be to , as like what another forum did - use other length Coils , which I thought is a great idea .

Only problem with that , is that here in S.A , man - try finding a Place that stocks different Coils for Shocks ?? elka's are just WAY out of line Price-wise , so .

Guys ?

many thanks .

Def-e-nition
11-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Does Nobody have a link on the site to a Manual for me ?:confused:

GPracer2500
11-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Don't know where there is a service manual available for free download. Last time I checked you can buy a pdf version of the OEM manual on Ebay for less then $10 though. If you just want to see breakdowns of all the parts you can look at the microfische at Servicehonda.com (or other places). The 99-04 400EX fische is on their website and you can access all Honda ATV and motorcycle microfische (all models, all years) through their remote desktop system.

Here's a breakdown of the swingarm:

http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/trx400ex%2099-04/swingarm.jpg

Def-e-nition
11-07-2006, 07:07 AM
GP Racer To the Rescue ..
Thanks man ,

I had a bit of a ROUGH one the weekend . 175 Km Of Absolute HELL . My Placing : First .

So - the Dyno Questions Helped a Lot , I eventually Ran 160 Lid Off to compensate for the altitude a little , but coast wise i run 165 Lid Off and Outerwear .

I am so glad you Posted the Fische - Now I can Decide whether my teeth asre big enough to sink them into Servicing the Swingarm myself or Not .

I went Swimming with it In August , and my version Of servicing Reverts to basically Grabbing Liquid Grease and Spraying the Inside with half a bottle , So I want to Ditch This Bad practise and start working on the bike myself .

Heaven Knows to take it to honda would simply cost me an arm and a leg ....