PDA

View Full Version : Whats faster, Rappter or cannondale?

NoNos38
09-10-2002, 07:17 AM
All stock? And which is a better all around quad?

Thank's
MAtt

Jimmer
09-10-2002, 08:33 AM
CANNONDALE CANNONDALE CANNONDALE!!!! NUFF SAID. NO CRAPTORS.

GreatAim
09-10-2002, 01:04 PM
i think there is more things available for the raptor, plus reverse, ive been considering trading in on a raptor, big decision though

buckNbanshee
09-10-2002, 02:58 PM
cannondale is better

cdalejef
09-10-2002, 03:10 PM
Stock for stock a Cannondale has a higher top speed and is quicker.
Which is better at what?
For example: Canndale is better at racing right out of the box.
Raptor is better at casual trail riding.

09-10-2002, 09:37 PM
I traded my Raptor in on a Cannondale Moto, and I will tell you there is no comparison. The Cannondale jumps better, faster top end, and acceleration. The Cannondale is far superior at anything that has to do with racing. Before somebody pipes in about the price difference, I will tell you that I had more money in my Raptor and it was still not near as good. I will also say that I think the Cannibal is a way better quad than the Raptor as well. You are comparing apples to oranges. THE CANNONDALE IS WAY BETTER!!!!!!

MxDale71
09-11-2002, 12:16 PM
:D

Nausty
09-11-2002, 04:04 PM
i'm not sure cuz i've never diven a cannible but I think the raptor would have a lot more of the torque and the cannible would be a lot quicker revving machine with less torque but a lot lighter. On a mx style riding a cannible would pry be better but drag for drag I think they are about even with the raptor maybe a little faster.

NoNos38
09-11-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by justfine
I traded my Raptor in on a Cannondale Moto, and I will tell you there is no comparison. The Cannondale jumps better, faster top end, and acceleration. The Cannondale is far superior at anything that has to do with racing. Before somebody pipes in about the price difference, I will tell you that I had more money in my Raptor and it was still not near as good. I will also say that I think the Cannibal is a way better quad than the Raptor as well. You are comparing apples to oranges. THE CANNONDALE IS WAY BETTER!!!!!!

If you dont mind me asking, How much did you pay for the Moto?

Im in the market for a sweet/fast/all around bike..:D

Thank's
Matt

cdalejef
09-11-2002, 06:59 PM
Hey Nausty, I went to our local fair drag race back in the summer on my buddies bone stock speed. I entered the 4-stroke unlimited class. The first thing I beat was a piped Raptor. It came down to the final between me an a modified FX400. He beat me by a wheel. There were losts of Raptors, highly modified drag 400ex's, a DS and some drag Scrambler's. Those guys were pissed!:D

09-11-2002, 07:48 PM
I paid full price ($12,450.00), but I had a lot of money in my Raptor, and Pro Motorsports in Burlington, Ia took real good care of me. I paid about $5,500.00 difference, so I did pretty good on my trade.

NoNos38
09-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by justfine
I paid full price ($12,450.00), but I had a lot of money in my Raptor, and Pro Motorsports in Burlington, Ia took real good care of me. I paid about $5,500.00 difference, so I did pretty good on my trade.

I had know Idea that they were that much..:eek: :eek: Now my $2000 dollar 300ex sounds really good:D How much are the Z400, and the new 400ex's??

Thank's
Matt

cdalejef
09-12-2002, 07:00 AM
The $12,450 is for the full blown MX quad. The Cannibal's are much cheaper.

MxDale71
09-12-2002, 11:56 AM
I got my Cannibal for $6500... well, I say 65, sometimes I say 64... I can't remember the exact amount so that number kind of floats around a little, but I think it was exactly $6440. Anyways, $12,450 is pretty cheap for a full blown MX machine. You'll see fully setup R's from K&K for about $17,000 +! And I was told that Johnny Hales YZF426 quad racer cost close to $30,000! I think it was actually about $25,000, but I'm not sure. Either way, the c-dale is usually about $8,000-$10,000 cheaper than most Pro GNC class MX ready racers.

P.S. The moto is DEFINITELY NOT a all around kind of quad. W/ 18" tires and being 50 inches wide, I don't think it would be a very trail friendly quad.

Sparky416ex
09-14-2002, 10:22 PM
Cannondale..it puts out more horse..all you have to do is look at the specs...thats it, i promise

cannondale55
09-14-2002, 10:32 PM
yeah get a cannondale they are so bad they are going to start making people who ride them start 10 seconds later in the race:devil

Houser Cannondale
09-14-2002, 10:42 PM
right on!!!!

MxDale71
09-15-2002, 10:22 PM
C-dale riders starting 10 seconds later? Even then we'll go ahead and give them a head start.... they'll need more than 10 seconds ;) :D.

Castor-426ex
09-15-2002, 10:48 PM
looks like if things go the way they are im gonna be getting on the cannondale boat..ive rode the cannibal, speed, and the moto....and there aint much that will touch em in the power department...

cannondale55
09-15-2002, 10:50 PM
yep just if they had a lil better handleing thats the only thing i dislike about mine it kinda feels werid

Houser Cannondale
09-15-2002, 11:02 PM
right on!!! its cause you need a steering dampner and a diabetic to ride it.

cannondale55
09-15-2002, 11:03 PM
kennyg no we need some 250 on haha

09-15-2002, 11:18 PM
I dont know first hand which is faster since I didnt get to drag one to the other but if your going to be doing anything other than straight line racing stk to stk its C-dale hands down.

I just had the chance to ride the Moto for the first time this Saturday and its a well built machine that handles and accelerates better than any other stock 4-stroke quad I have been on. And yes I was impressed and if I was in the market for a new quad my only decision would be between the Speed, Blaze or Moto period.

The only major complaint that I had was the width of the tank since it was so wide you noticed it when you tried to lean into it. There were some little things like the foot brake being a lot closer to the frame than what I am used to and the demo model I rode had a $crewed up clutch lever etc, but overall the biggee was the wide tank.

Sure it was a little noisey and deff didnt like to be drivin slow but if you rode it aggressive it was a blast and soaked up the big stuff with no problems. It was real harsh on the ruts and small holes compared to my Honda but they are not set up the same either. It was also very good in the turns/corners but i am used to a quad that is not nearly that wide.

One thing I was happy about was that its didnt seem to have as much more power than the 440 in my honda as I had been told, but it does rev much faster and pulls hard into the upper rpms very well. It didnt feel as easy to "trhow around" as the Ex either but I thought the c-dale was lighter but it didnt feel that way.

There were 2 guys that own Raptors that tested it and were claiming that they like their Raptors better, but I have ridden plenty of Raptors from stock to pipped and widened etc and trust me on this that there is no comparison at all. I had a blast convincing both these guys that they were having problems with their ego and that they were faster on the c-dales, and they answered completely that the Moto was the better machine but still insisted they like theirs better so go figure.

I had heard that the Blaze is set up a little "softer" in both the suspension and hp curve but never had a chance to test it.

C-dale is deff a excelent perf/race quad "out of the box" and I would recomend you test or check it out before the tippy raptor.

NoNos38
09-16-2002, 03:42 PM
Thank's for all the great info guys!!:) I am looking at the cannibal out of all of them.. I think I can swing what they are asking for it, and I only ride for fun:D Not race.. So I think this one will be the best for me.. What do you guys think is the best quad out there for , trail riding/showing off/ and just having fun on?? Not,, all out racing..... I dont want to start a WAR between quads, but just want some oppinions before I go out and drop $6,000 on a quad:eek: :eek:

P.s Does this one have reverse?:confused:

Thank's ,
Matt

Houser Cannondale
09-16-2002, 04:02 PM
cannondale is defanatly faster than a raptor and more high tech alum frame, fuel injection comes with holeshots itp wheels good plastic better suspension you defanatly get what you pay for. downside is a little more maintance than normal change oil interveals are a little more often must grease tie rod ends. stuff that is no big deal. plus you have to run high octane gas. no questions asked.

MxDale71
09-16-2002, 04:18 PM
NoNos38 - I would love to tell you to get the c-dale, but it is better ridden if you are a very aggressive rider, and if you like to spend some extra time doing maintanance. The maintanance isn't hard, it's just a LITTLE more time consuming. You might want to check out the Z400 too. In the end, ride what you have the most fun on.

Houser Cannondale
09-16-2002, 05:34 PM
yea thats true. my friend (cannondale55) has one of the first cannibals that came out with ohlins shocks and the round fmf muffler. he just took his to the shop got blaze mapping put in and an hmf slip on and lemme tell yea its faster and has more torque than anythign ive ridden yet ive ridden piped and jetted banshee before and it would easily out run it.

JabberJaw
09-16-2002, 05:46 PM
I can beat the canibal with my honda and stay right beside the speed, how much faster is the moto against the speed?

Houser Cannondale
09-16-2002, 05:52 PM
what kind of honda do you have?? a super honda or what? haha

JabberJaw
09-16-2002, 06:14 PM
Nope, just a regular 400ex with a bunch of money poured into it :-)

cannondale55
09-16-2002, 06:24 PM
i would say

Houser Cannondale
09-16-2002, 06:49 PM
id say it must!!

honda400exrider
09-16-2002, 06:51 PM
what 1 wud u reccomend for me, i ride sand, climbs, drags, etc. ?ut do u think i shud just get a rear rebuild, pep fronts, either a 416/425 w/ cam and then b set...?for a while at least

Houser Cannondale
09-16-2002, 07:28 PM
ummm... buy a cannondale!! haha :devil

09-16-2002, 10:24 PM
I have a Moto. I raced this weekend, and I pulled the holeshot in both motos. There were tricked out out 400EX's, 330 power-valves, and a high dollar built 426. I would pin it in second gear and dump the clutch for the start, and nobody even contested me. There is a long straigt-away for the first start(100 yards), and I would beat everything to the first turn by 5-10 quad lengths. I have to tell you that comparing any Cannondale to a Raptor is a joke. There is only one scenario where the Raptor would be faster. REVERSE....

09-17-2002, 04:25 PM
I have to tell you that comparing any Cannondale to a Raptor is a joke. There is only one scenario where the Raptor would be faster. REVERSE....

LMFAO. Good thought. I will add to the last part of your statement though. The raptor is no joke as far as power (and neither is the C-dale) but the C-dale has more useable power by far.

09-21-2002, 10:07 PM
I traded in a pretty tricked out Raptor on my Moto, and that thing was not near as fast. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!

maverick
09-22-2002, 09:32 PM
Cannondale's swingarm is junk, just like suzukis... however, they have to handle better than the craptor!

09-23-2002, 04:14 AM
The 400EX's swingarm is junk too......

cdalejef
09-23-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by maverick
Cannondale's swingarm is junk, just like suzukis... How do you figure that?

Houser Cannondale
09-23-2002, 02:03 PM
umm what exactly makes it junk?? its got the easiest chan adjustment and its really well made. so just because its cannondale makes it junk?? :confused:

09-23-2002, 11:04 PM
Many people make statements when they don't know what they are talking about.....:confused:

cannondale55
09-24-2002, 02:50 PM
no *****