PDA

View Full Version : colorado pix....a bad day

Ichoptop
11-05-2006, 06:30 PM
left the house in nice and sunny weather and headed to rampart. Its a state run park with over 150 miles of twisting trials through the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Getting through the trailhead there was allot of standing water. Unloaded my stuff and took off through the hills. allot of the shaded areas were 12-15 inches of snow where the motorcycle guys had cut deep ruts which suck your front tires in at the worst time. standing water was deep and about 35 degrees (there was a heck of alot of it) and some nice tacky mud here and there. The Colorado sun had been meting the top layer of the snow for the last few days only to freeze into a hard layer of ice.

Ichoptop
11-05-2006, 06:35 PM
the hill above is about 75 yards up and was done in second gear with the rears spining (about the only time I wished for 4 wheel drive)

this was to much like work, I wanna head back to the track or dunes where everything is a little easier

funny thing is that so many people were turning around and taking the road past these hills and the park ranger was writing tickets like no other.

here is the aftermath, a couple nights scrubbing in the garage should do it.

440exroost1984
11-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Is there suppose to be a pic of how dirty your quad got.