PDA

View Full Version : Tube

TGW_400ex
11-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure the rim is bent or somthing on my 400ex. So it loses air while you ride it. Can you put a tube in? A guy told me that it has too much power and it will sheer the valve stem off? I really don't believe that but I might be wrong.

TGW_400ex
11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
bump

northwest Texas
11-05-2006, 08:36 PM
It might work but I won't be surprised if it doesn't. It will most likely depend on how much pressure you run to keep the tube pressed up against the tire.

400exrider707
11-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Yes it will work, just keep it inflated.... a lot of people run tubes especially for winter use with studded tires.

Kaleigh
11-06-2006, 12:59 PM
one better would be TireBalls.. the cost a bit.. but heard good things about them..

TGW_400ex
11-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Kaleigh
one better would be TireBalls.. the cost a bit.. but heard good things about them..

What exactly is tireballs?

Kaleigh
11-06-2006, 05:53 PM
here they are.. I think they also reduce the rebound of the tire..

www.tireballs.com

TGW_400ex
11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
here they are.. I think they also reduce the rebound of the tire..

www.tireballs.com

They sound like a good idea but isn't it basically a tube with sections?

11-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
They sound like a good idea but isn't it basically a tube with sections?

Thats all it is but its a bunch of tubes in stead of 1 so if a stick pokes it only one will inflate instead of the whole tire going flat. For $250 a tire no way i would do that.

parkers30
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Tubes work fine, Tire ball work great, its all about how much money you have

Have you tried soaping your tire to see if there are any small holes on the tire itself? those can easily be plugged

11-07-2006, 12:17 PM
For me my front rim is bent really bad and some times ill be riding it and just turning fast or landing a jump can make the bead pop so after that happens i pump it up and use soapy watter and take a sludge hammer to the rims edges and that works for a while till the rim gets nicked again or sumthin.

400exrider707
11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by slow
Thats all it is but its a bunch of tubes in stead of 1 so if a stick pokes it only one will inflate instead of the whole tire going flat. For $250 a tire no way i would do that.

Yeah in theory they are just a bunch of tubes in one tire, however they will be extremely hard to puncture as opposed to a regular tube which can be punctured by almost anything. Tireballs are awesome, and expensive. Also it wont "inflate" if you pop it, thats called deflation. $250 a tire seems a little high, and that is probably for XC balls anyways, they have MX balls now that are lighter and cheaper.

TGW_400ex
11-07-2006, 01:57 PM
I might just get a tube it makes more sence then spending a arm and a leg.

Kaleigh
11-07-2006, 06:07 PM
have you just tried breaking the bead and cleaning the rims.. see if that helps.. if not.. then most likely you have a hole in it.. my one tire would not go flat until I rode it.. try to find a hole in the tire first.. use a tub of water.. put dish soap in it.. take the tire thats filled with air and put it in the tub of water.. find where the bubbles are coming from.. do this so you dont have to spend extra money..

I spent extra money... dont do what I did.. check it out for yourself and find the problem first..

TGW_400ex
11-08-2006, 01:48 PM
have you just tried breaking the bead and cleaning the rims.. see if that helps.. if not.. then most likely you have a hole in it.. my one tire would not go flat until I rode it.. try to find a hole in the tire first.. use a tub of water.. put dish soap in it.. take the tire thats filled with air and put it in the tub of water.. find where the bubbles are coming from.. do this so you dont have to spend extra money..

I spent extra money... dont do what I did.. check it out for yourself and find the problem first..

Its leaked since I put it on so I dought its a hole. Poppin the bead is a SOB I'll probably have to take it somewhere.

Kaleigh
11-08-2006, 02:30 PM
ok.. good luck with it.. hope you get it to stop leaking..