View Full Version : Saddam verdict

Rider-trx_250ex
11-05-2006, 06:24 AM
I just heard on the news this morning that Saddam is to be hanged. I know we gave lethal injections, but i didn't know we still hung people.

MOFO
11-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
I just heard on the news this morning that Saddam is to be hanged. I know we gave lethal injections, but i didn't know we still hung people.

You do know its not the USA that has him on trial, right?

ridered11
11-05-2006, 06:32 AM
haha owned

Mxjunkie
11-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Sucks to be him :p

MOFO
11-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by dlerch
i don't know if i would say that's exactly accurate.......

Is Chief Judge Raouf Rasheed Abdel-Rahman an American Judge or even an American Citizen? Who makes up the tribunal in this case? American's or Iraqi's?

Where is the trial being held? In the United States or Iraq?

Where will his death sentence occur? In the United States or Iraq?

What murders is he being charged with? Killing Iraq citizens or American's?

We (United States) decided to let Iraq handle Saddam and his fate because of the crimes he committed against his citizens and his country.

Please elaborate on your comment.

400eXr1d3rZ
11-05-2006, 07:18 AM
More info here: http://www.yahoo.com/s/430387

MOFO
11-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Here is a great timeline dlerch, from Aljazeera.net.

Fails to mention anyone except for Iraq in regards to this trial.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/42E173AB-0904-4A14-A3FF-FCC50A080631.htm

2004exrider
11-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Im wondering if they'll air it on tv (in iraq) as a closure kind of thing for all of the families he's hurt? They'll probably have to have a lot of security there, i bet someones gonna try and save him.

Jimmy

11-05-2006, 08:30 AM
he wont be hung for years i bet....he will fight it and fight it again...i bet he will die of old age before getting hung

Pappy
11-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
he wont be hung for years i bet....he will fight it and fight it again...i bet he will die of old age before getting hung

I doubt it, justice is alot more swift in other countries when compared to the USA.

That was an interesting read, it was so sweet of Saddam to hang children. What a swell guy.

"hackkn hackkna akbar hackkan"

In english"He be hanged by his neck until he be dead":devil:

Mofo...shame on you for reading aljazeera, your supposed to watch cnn for unbiased news...lol

MOFO
11-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Honda86

Nope.

The death sentence means an automatic appeal to a nine-member appeals chamber. The sentence must be carried out within 30 days of all appeals being exhausted. Iraq’s president and two vice-presidents must ratify the death sentence before it is carried out.

MOFO
11-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

Mofo...shame on you for reading aljazeera, your supposed to watch cnn for unbiased news...lol

Well, I figured if anyone would try to pin this trial or verdict as being "biased by US control" as dlerch would love for everyone to believe, this site would have it. Big surprise... the US is not mentioned... Hmmmm....

Quad18star
11-05-2006, 10:04 AM
CTV News Report

Saddam Hussein sentenced to death by hanging
05/11/2006 11:49:51 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death by hanging. The former Iraqi dictator shouted down the verdict: "Life for the glorious nation, and death to its enemies!"

CTV.ca News Staff

Former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein stands as the verdict is delivered during his trial, Sunday Nov. 5, 2006. (AP / Scott Nelson)

The court also sentenced Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the head of Iraq's former Revolutionary Court, to death by hanging.

Iraq's former Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan was convicted of premeditated murder and sentenced to life in prison.

Three other co-defendants were found guilty of murder and torture. One defendant was acquitted for lack of evidence.

A trembling Saddam, who wanted to sit but was forced by guards to stand for the verdict, yelled out defiantly: "Long live the people and death to their enemies. Long live the glorious nation, and death to its enemies!"

The former Iraqi dictator and his seven co-defendants were found guilty for a wave of revenge killings of 148 Shiite Muslims in the town of Dujail after a 1982 assassination attempt on Saddam. Al-Maliki's Islamic Dawa party, then an underground opposition, has claimed responsibility for organizing the attempt on Saddam's life.

The case will now move to an appeal court within the next 10 days, and if the sentence is confirmed, Saddam will face execution within 30 days.

"The verdict placed on the heads of the former regime does not represent a verdict for any one person. It is a verdict on a whole dark era that is unmatched in Iraq's history," Nouri al-Maliki, Iraq's Shiite prime minister, said.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said the verdict was "absolute proof that you've got an independent judiciary in Iraq" that operates fairly and openly.

"It's a good day for the Iraqi people," he said on NBC's "Today Show."

This historic trial wrapped up as Saddam is in the midst of a second trial which began in August, on charges of genocide against the Kurds.

Most of Iraq was in lockdown in anticipation of more violence from insurgent groups and Saddam supporters.

Clashes immediately broke out Sunday in north Baghdad's heavily Sunni Azamiyah district, and a Sunni political leader condemned the court decision.

"This government will be responsible for the consequences, with the deaths of hundreds, thousands or even hundreds of thousands, whose blood will be shed," Salih al-Mutlaq, the Sunni politician, told the al-Arabiya satellite television station.

Saddam's chief lawyer Khalil al-Dulaimi condemned the trial as a "farce," and claimed the verdict was planned.

However, he told The Associated Press that Saddam called on Iraqis to reject sectarian violence and to refrain from taking revenge on U.S. troops in Iraq.

"His message to the Iraqi people was 'pardon and do not take revenge on the invading nations and their people'," al-Dulaimi. "The president also asked his countrymen to 'unify in the face of sectarian strife.'"

In Saddam's hometown of Tikrit, 1,000 people defied a curfew and carried pictures of Saddam through the streets. Some condemned the ruling, whch they said was orchestrated by the U.S.

"By our souls, by our blood we sacrifice for you Saddam" and "Saddam your name shakes America."

The U.S. embassy in Baghdad, meanwhile, issued a statement saying the decision marks a historic moment for Iraq, calling it "an opportunity to unite and build a better future.''

Saddam's supporters had threatened bloodshed if he was convicted at the end of the nine-month trial, and U.S. and Iraqi forces stepped up security Saturday in a country that is in a constant state of martial law.

New security checkpoints sprang up around the city late last week ahead of the ruling. Military patrols were increased and a main Baghdad bridge that carries traffic past the Green Zone has been blocked off.

The curfew is in place until further notice, keeping people at home and vehicles off the streets. Baghdad's airport was also shut down.

The clampdown comes as a wave of increased violence sweeps Iraq. Police found the bodies of 87 torture victims throughout the capital over Thursday and Friday, and across Iraq, at least 16 people were killed or found dead on Saturday.

Such heavy security measures haven't been seen in Iraq since the sectarian bombing of a Shiite shrine in Samarra last February.

With files from Associated Press

Pappy
11-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star

Saddam's supporters had threatened bloodshed if he was convicted at the end of the nine-month trial, and U.S. and Iraqi forces stepped up security Saturday in a country that is in a constant state of martial law.

Ummm...his supporters. You mean the violence in Iraq is someone other then those that support his regime? Couldnt be Iranian, Egyptian, Syrian and other Muslim extremists fighters, that just couldnt be.

Note to our enemies....

"The neck makes a nice crunching sound when snapped, report to the nearest United States Marine for a free demonstration":devil:

fandl450r
11-05-2006, 11:00 AM
i don't know if i would say that's exactly accurate.......

You're a tool lerch. Honestly has anyone ever told you that you suck at life? I mean you suck big time, you probably could remove the chrome off of a trailer ball. Why do you even wake up in the morning? Your constant America bashing way of thinking just further reiterates that you are the most worthless person that I have ever seen post. If you don't like it here, get the f*** out.

He's getting exactly what he deserves, if I had it my way he'd be put to death in the most excruciating way possible. Stoning, lava, maybe a pool full of pirahnas. Maybe you should join him. :)

11-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by fandl450r
You're a tool lerch. Honestly has anyone ever told you that you suck at life? I mean you suck big time, you probably could remove the chrome off of a trailer ball. Why do you even wake up in the morning? Your constant America bashing way of thinking just further reiterates that you are the most worthless person that I have ever seen post. If you don't like it here, get the f*** out.

He's getting exactly what he deserves, if I had it my way he'd be put to death in the most excruciating way possible. Stoning, lava, maybe a pool full of pirahnas. Maybe you should join him. :)

i'm a tool? i'll tell you what when your momma and daddy stop paying for your college and you join the real world maybe you'll have a clue...how about you stop following like the sheep you are and think for yourself you snot-nosed brat....

hey you're of military age, if you wanna be such a big shot go sign up!!! oh that's right right sitting back and talking about how much you believe in this crap is a lot less dangerous!! you can even go ocs...so you'd get shot at a lot less then most of the people over there....come on sign up, they're having problems with recruiting numbers...and i can guarantee no one in this country is gonna miss another big mouthed no action young punk like yourself...then your momma can cry over your grave when she finds out that this was all for some oil or a few egos!!

11-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Is Chief Judge Raouf Rasheed Abdel-Rahman an American Judge or even an American Citizen? Who makes up the tribunal in this case? American's or Iraqi's?

Where is the trial being held? In the United States or Iraq?

Where will his death sentence occur? In the United States or Iraq?

What murders is he being charged with? Killing Iraq citizens or American's?

We (United States) decided to let Iraq handle Saddam and his fate because of the crimes he committed against his citizens and his country.

Please elaborate on your comment.

sorry but i promised harlan that i wouldn't play rough with any mods again...please just ignore my disagreement with you, and have a nice day...:)

MOFO
11-05-2006, 11:56 AM
sorry but i promised harlan that i wouldn't play rough with any mods again...please just ignore my disagreement with you, and have a nice day...:)

ahhh... the easy way out... :rolleyes:

There is a difference between being a "tool" - probably what Harlen was talking about - and just stating honest "unbiased" facts. I assume you can't do this without bringing in your ridiculous anti-American conspiracy theories that trigger such an uproar.

Anyways, don't waste your time responding... because just like CNN or listening to the extreme liberal left, I'll turn it off and stick to my own conclusions that are based on facts. Nothing you can say will change my PRO-AMERICAN views. I love my country and favor its side before I side with some wack job liberal.

BTW, as usual, you take a thread and throw it off course... please re-read the topic at hand. The thread/question was about how Saddam was going to be killed. I answered the question, then YOU go off on your standard, anti-american way.... Are you really trying to make someone think we have control or say over the way he dies??? If not, go start your own thread.

Mxjunkie
11-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Lerch need's to just go sit in a corner and talk to him self because I truely belive hes the only one that cares about anything that comes from his simple mind..

Admin
11-05-2006, 12:26 PM
There isn't anything better than some fresh popcorn, pop, and political or biblical discussion on the Internet, lol.

But, while this one is under control, I am going to call it a day because I have work to do around the house.