PDA

View Full Version : 1986trx250r

tldPREDATORboy
11-05-2006, 11:16 AM
i have just bought a 86250r for 1000 dollers.it isn't in the best of shape.i have already bought a barnett dirt digger clutch kit,new lrd pipe and a wsm top end rebuild kit.

i call it the beast.the power is all there.it fires and runs half to full throughtall.but when i putt around it whants to stall out.i have to use ALOT of clutch to stay running.and when i hold it wide open to romp a hill it wins and the moter ticks really loud.

i tore the motor all apart and i really need a new top end.i got that coverd.but will this help my stalling and ticking.allso my clutch doesn't seem right.

any help would be nice.thanxs

tldPREDATORboy
11-05-2006, 11:17 AM
heres a pic of the pipe i ordered.any feed back on this would be nice.

flying dutchman
11-05-2006, 12:12 PM
sounds like your crank seals are busted

tldPREDATORboy
11-05-2006, 02:36 PM
im not the smartest guy in the world but how much will it cost and were can i get it.

SET THE STAGE
11-05-2006, 03:24 PM
very nice choice on the pipe and clutch

as for the lack of low-end, or whatever it might be. it could be incorrect jetting? just make sure it's right when you put that LRD on.

also, that particular pipe has an adjustable powerband so you can make it so the powerband kicks in during more low-end or more top-end. maybe aim it toward low-end and it should be a bit better?

tldPREDATORboy
11-05-2006, 09:33 PM
to tell you the truth on the pipe.i got it because it looks awsome and there 4 stroke pipes arnt bad.he said it has been sitting for about a year or to and he never drained the gas out.so i might need to clean the carb or i might get a new one alltogether.

SET THE STAGE
11-05-2006, 10:38 PM
well either way, the pipe is really good. i have one myself.

as for the whole gas thing.. DRAIN THAT GAS OUT! lol. gas goes bad after a while. i mean, it's still useable, but it's not as good. make sure when you do, just take off your float bowl on the carb, and maybe the slide and clean it all. check the main jet to see if there's any thing up in there clogged maybe and such. just go through all that.

tldPREDATORboy
11-07-2006, 11:23 PM
has anybodu hered of the jey needle being rusted shut?thats my problem.it rusted and started to close and only a little gas was coming out.now she rips.my buddy offerd me 1500 for it to day

i got my parts to and its good as gold.pipe,filter top end kit,and clutch.i broke the motor in like berock said.