PDA

View Full Version : help, my timeing is of

lzyga05
11-05-2006, 10:40 AM
my timeing on my raptor is off and i dont know how to ajust it .. also i have know idea how it happend to just un time it self. i noticed that one day it just didnt wana start and thier was a weird nosie comeing from the motor ... ples help

MadDog56
11-12-2006, 01:25 AM
If there's a "wierd noise" and it doesn't want to start it's probably your one-way.

Robin Hood
11-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MadDog56
If there's a "wierd noise" and it doesn't want to start it's probably your one-way.

I'm not sure it's the same noise. The last time he was over my house we tried to get it started and it wouldn't turn over correctly. As it cranked all it would do was fart and burp out the exhaust. The noise sounds like it's coming from the head too, not by where the one-way is.

He just got a top end rebuild with a 665/666 bore kit installed. Not sure if that means anything...

We'll keep you updated.

tater_kamik
11-20-2006, 04:33 PM
what all was done and who did the work? i may be able to help, just let me know whats going on i have a bit of experience with the rator motor, especially the top end unfortunately...

Robin Hood
11-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
what all was done and who did the work? i may be able to help, just let me know whats going on i have a bit of experience with the rator motor, especially the top end unfortunately...

K tater, well a local shop around here did all the engine work I believe. While I'm not sure they touched the valves, they did bore it and throw it all back together.

Anything else?

Katz_2003
11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
did it ever run right when you got it back to them? if your timing jumped its prolly because the chain got lose. Maybe they didnt put in the timing chain tentioner right and your chain got lose and jumped time.

Katz_2003
11-30-2006, 05:01 PM
when you got it back ***from*** them

Robin Hood
11-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Katz_2003
when you got it back ***from*** them

I believe so. He ordered a new chain and I think he's going to drop it in soon. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks for the input so far we really appreciate it guys.

Oh! Katz, where did you get your 720 stroker kit from and was it worth it? I'm thinking of putting a bore in my 01 and I really wanted a 686/720 bore. I ride mainly GNCC/scrambles and local pit riding.

Katz_2003
12-04-2006, 12:39 PM
I think it was well worth it. I got my stroker kit from Kenz Cycle. It has tons of power...the only thing I am having trouble with now is my clutches. It keeps breaking the clutch plates. I dont know if it has a worn basket or what. I am gonna try a different clutch basket soon. If that doesnt work i'll get a hinson set up.

warriorman11
12-09-2006, 10:58 PM
keep this post going... i need to know too. it dosnt say much int he manual on how to check or adjust the timing

tater_kamik
12-21-2006, 06:17 PM
sorry, i havent been paying attention to the boards lol.

with timing all you have to do is align the hash marks by the stator and on the cam gear. thats not covered in the owners manual but well covered in the service manual, i would send you the pdf but im deployed and dont have access to me, im just doing this by memory so give me a little slack!

so it was turning over just fine. that eliminates a lot! ill go ahead and cover some basics real fast, i know you know what your doing so... when you turn it over with the plug out but still hooked to the coil, ground the threads. does it spark? if so that will eliminate the coil, plug, cdi, stator.

while you have the cam cover off check for anything thoroughly that is wrong, who knows. with a rebuild a lot of things can happen.

as far as the clutch goes, i have an hinson basket and gytr clutches and it works great, no probs at all!