PDA

View Full Version : any color, any style...

Dave223
11-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I just picked up a 96 300ex, The good thing is that it runs and it was only 100.00
The bad points, it sat in approx 8" of huricane water and the frame is somewhat rusty. Its not rusty as in its unsafe structuraly, just minor surface rust.It also has no plastics.
Anyhow, the point of my post is If you were starting from scratch, powder coating everything, new plastics, etc. What color would you go? Now keep this in mind, Its not going to be a MX bike, nor any other type of racing. Just a plain trail riding, "wow thats a clean bike" type of quad.

So what Im thinking is: all black plastics, gloss black frame and other steel parts. Flat or wrinkle black engine with a few polished parts and stainless bolts. Flat black Alum rims with chrome or stainless beadlock bolts . Sorta like an all black, stealthy, 300ex.

Now my limits are, only Maier plastics, I want to powdercoat everything, Nothing weird like lime green frame and orange plastics.
Oh yeh, anyone here do podwercoating? anywhere I can go to see colors for powdercoating?

Thanks, Dave

tldPREDATORboy
11-05-2006, 12:15 AM
pappy's the name and powdercoatings his game.he's on this site.