PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Quad Dude
11-04-2006, 03:31 PM
how come when im looking at most stroker kits for a 400ex that they require the cylinder to be bored?? only reason i could come up with is for clearance for the rod so it dosent hit the cylinder is that why. im asking because i want to stroke my ex but dont want to have to bore it. and the only one i found was a by powroll and its kinda pricy.

xxnightraven73x
11-05-2006, 02:12 PM
yes it is for the clearance of the rod just like if you built a 383 stroker chevy you have to notch the block out for clearance.basically the same thing here

underpowered
11-05-2006, 03:36 PM
no, it is not because of rod clearance. it is simple because the majority of people who build stroker motors already have thier motor bored out. very few people stroke the stock motor, just not much of a demand for it. you can do it, just buy a stroker crank and have a custom piston made or buy powroll's shorter rod to use any piston.

Project300EX
11-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
no, it is not because of rod clearance. it is simple because the majority of people who build stroker motors already have thier motor bored out. very few people stroke the stock motor, just not much of a demand for it. you can do it, just buy a stroker crank and have a custom piston made or buy powroll's shorter rod to use any piston.

The purpose of a stroker is for a longer stroke which will in turn raise compression, correct? Well wouldn't a shorter rod defeat the purpose of having a stroker or atlease hinder it and make it not worth the trouble?