PDA

View Full Version : rear brake?

TrapZ400
11-04-2006, 01:57 PM
One of the pads is worn down to the metal and the one on the other side isnt all the way worn down. The brake pads are only like 3 months old and I dont use my back brakes that much either. Why is one side worn down more than the other side.

rockman
11-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
One of the pads is worn down to the metal and the one on the other side isnt all the way worn down. The brake pads are only like 3 months old and I dont use my back brakes that much either. Why is one side worn down more than the other side.
If you are in mud alot it wears brakes down like you wouldn't believe. In your case that's probably what happened. Its very important to be sure and clean any mud that gets in your brakes, as it drastically kills their lifespan.

indyZrider
11-04-2006, 04:22 PM
also check the parking brake adjustment. that pos can lead to abnormal brake wear to.

TrapZ400
11-04-2006, 05:17 PM
When I put the brake pads on they were really hard to get on the disk. Are they supposed to be that hard? And I also noticed that when I spin the axle I can hear the pads rubbing against the disk.

05Z400rdr
11-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah thats how they are supposed to be. Yeah u can usually hear the pads rubbin the rotor....jus make sure that your rotor or axle aint bent

Chad W
11-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Is it also possible that his Caliper piston may be sticking? I know alot of times on cars, that if the rubber boot leaks it rusts in the piston housing and will stick.

drzoo2
11-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I believe they float. Just like a car caliper. Make sure the slide isn't frozen and the caliper has some side to side movement. My 06 Z was only 4 months old and I had to change the pads. It was from riding in Alleghany and wet weather. It's really sandy and wet sanded the crap out of my brakes. Could really tell because I adjusted my pbrake and it was way out when I came home!

z