PDA

View Full Version : Finally! My KX250F sold!

rmz250
11-04-2006, 07:51 AM
sold the ol girl for 2550 today. + 500 for the aftermarket I had on it. My REV600 should be here next weekend! :macho

rmz250
11-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Heres a picture of my new REV!

11-04-2006, 09:45 AM
wow. nice sled. congrats on the sale!

Quad Boy 660r
11-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Just wondering, but did that bike give you any valve probs. I really want a 250F and am leaning toward the Yami purely becuase of its reliability. thanks and congrats

11-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r
Just wondering, but did that bike give you any valve probs. I really want a 250F and am leaning toward the Yami purely becuase of its reliability. thanks and congrats

yea i spoke to the guy at the kawi dealer i was interested in the 05 kxf250 because they were like 3200 brand new otd. and he was like they arent worth **** unless you put a good 2 g's into em. but the yami and newer crf's are all good. i would personally go with an 06 or 07 because of the alumnin frame.

krt400ex
11-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Marshmello
yea i spoke to the guy at the kawi dealer i was interested in the 05 kxf250 because they were like 3200 brand new otd. and he was like they arent worth **** unless you put a good 2 g's into em. but the yami and newer crf's are all good. i would personally go with an 06 or 07 because of the alumnin frame.

the '06s r much more reliable...and i don't think that guy really knew what he was talking about because the kx250f is pretty reliable.

rmz250
11-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
the '06s r much more reliable...and i don't think that guy really knew what he was talking about because the kx250f is pretty reliable.

all 250f motors need to be rebuilt after the season. I've done atleast 4 250f motors and after 100 hrs. there toast.

11-04-2006, 01:30 PM
good move....id take a rev over any bike :D Sleds are so much fun

Tommy 17
11-04-2006, 01:47 PM
thats funny... my 05 crf hasn't had a single problem... and everyone i ride with that has 250f and 450fs haven't had a probelm either... adjust the valves once a year and a new piston and ring in the winter time if u want and ur good to go...

mine don't even need rebuilt! and its 2 years old... the compression check was perfect!

krt400ex
11-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by rmz250
all 250f motors need to be rebuilt after the season. I've done atleast 4 250f motors and after 100 hrs. there toast.

if ur a hardcore racer, who is racing once a week, and practicing a few times a wk, then ya....but for the average joe, they will last like Tommy 17 said

Tommy 17
11-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
if ur a hardcore racer, who is racing once a week, and practicing a few times a wk, then ya....but for the average joe, they will last like Tommy 17 said

i know guys that ride 5 day a week for 2 to 3 hours with no probelms.. you just need to do maintance... if your 4 stroke is breaking down and needs work like that it means your a lazy rider who can't work on his stuff to maintain it!

mx428
11-04-2006, 03:01 PM
yea i spoke to the guy at the kawi dealer i was interested in the 05 kxf250 because they were like 3200 brand new otd. and he was like they arent worth **** unless you put a good 2 g's into em. but the yami and newer crf's are all good. i would personally go with an 06 or 07 because of the alumnin frame. I don't know who you talked to but you don't need to put 2 grand into a kxf motor to make it quick. If you're fast any stock 250F motor is fine and has plenty of power.

krt400ex
11-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i know guys that ride 5 day a week for 2 to 3 hours with no probelms.. you just need to do maintance... if your 4 stroke is breaking down and needs work like that it means your a lazy rider who can't work on his stuff to maintain it!

i have to agree with u....but i didn't want to sound like an @ss saying that

11-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by mx428
I don't know who you talked to but you don't need to put 2 grand into a kxf motor to make it quick. If you're fast any stock 250F motor is fine and has plenty of power.

no he didnt mean to make it quick, he meant to make it actaully ridable with out the risk of the whole thing grenading.

Tommy 17
11-04-2006, 11:29 PM
no he didnt mean to make it quick, he meant to make it actaully ridable with out the risk of the whole thing grenading.

show me one picture of a kx250f motor thats gernaded thats stock and well takin care of... hell even show me one thats been beat on a good bit!

marsh every time u post about the new 4 stroke bikes u honestly look dumber man... give it up you don't know jack about the new 4 strokes!

rmz250
11-05-2006, 09:31 AM
thats funny... my 05 crf hasn't had a single problem... and everyone i ride with that has 250f and 450fs haven't had a probelm either... adjust the valves once a year and a new piston and ring in the winter time if u want and ur good to go...

mine don't even need rebuilt! and its 2 years old... the compression check was perfect!

your right...some people do get lucky. I got over 150 hours out of that kxf before my valves were toast and thats after 3 shim jobs. i'm just glad i'm done with 250fs . It doesn't even matter to me if i'm faster on the 250f because on my 450 I have more fun and do less maintenance.

11-05-2006, 02:14 PM
show me one picture of a kx250f motor thats gernaded thats stock and well takin care of... hell even show me one thats been beat on a good bit!

marsh every time u post about the new 4 stroke bikes u honestly look dumber man... give it up you don't know jack about the new 4 strokes!

hahha , go back and read my first post, I said the guy at the dealership told me that. and that guy at the dealership races 250A and hes been through all the 250f's and the newer 450's and he said if you know how to ride youll do fine on any bike. Hes sitting on decked out 2005 rm250 now. All of his 250f's blew up on him and his 450's were alright. tommy, when you had your 80 you told josh that you broke your foot or something, i dont remember exactly. then you said youll never ride another bike. then you went to quads, sold the quad and baught the 250f, you say youll never ride another quad again :confused: now you want a crf hybrid.:p make up your mind dude but dont tell me i make myself look dumb. I gave my opinion, no not even my opinion. it was the kawi dealership guys statement. i feel were talking more about bike than we are quads now days on these forums.

MXridin842
11-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by rmz250

You have clearly not owned a Yamaha then.

rmz250
11-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MXridin842
You have clearly not owned a Yamaha then.

the yamaha motors are alot better but i've seen atleast 5 pulled of the track with broken cranks.

rmz250
11-05-2006, 04:15 PM

In other words...he wanted the newer crf and yzfs to go out the door because he knows that kxf would sell to someone else at that price.

mx428
11-05-2006, 05:35 PM
hahha , go back and read my first post, I said the guy at the dealership told me that. and that guy at the dealership races 250A and hes been through all the 250f's and the newer 450's and he said if you know how to ride youll do fine on any bike. Hes sitting on decked out 2005 rm250 now. All of his 250f's blew up on him and his 450's were alright. tommy, when you had your 80 you told josh that you broke your foot or something, i dont remember exactly. then you said youll never ride another bike. then you went to quads, sold the quad and baught the 250f, you say youll never ride another quad again :confused: now you want a crf hybrid.:p make up your mind dude but dont tell me i make myself look dumb. I gave my opinion, no not even my opinion. it was the kawi dealership guys statement. i feel were talking more about bike than we are quads now days on these forums. if he races 250A and works at a kawi dealer why is he riding a 2 year old suzuki?

11-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by mx428
if he races 250A and works at a kawi dealer why is he riding a 2 year old suzuki?

He messed up his knee, he just got surgery and he'll probably be back racing next year. like you and your injuries. thats why he doesnt have a top of the line bike right now, because he doest need it. i remember him telling me how he was telling me about all the "a" riders lined up with their little umbrellas and walky talkies. he was on his pos yz 125 at the time and he got the holeshot and never looked back. good stuff.

Tommy 17
11-05-2006, 06:29 PM
hahha , go back and read my first post, I said the guy at the dealership told me that. and that guy at the dealership races 250A and hes been through all the 250f's and the newer 450's and he said if you know how to ride youll do fine on any bike. Hes sitting on decked out 2005 rm250 now. All of his 250f's blew up on him and his 450's were alright. tommy, when you had your 80 you told josh that you broke your foot or something, i dont remember exactly. then you said youll never ride another bike. then you went to quads, sold the quad and baught the 250f, you say youll never ride another quad again :confused: now you want a crf hybrid.:p make up your mind dude but dont tell me i make myself look dumb. I gave my opinion, no not even my opinion. it was the kawi dealership guys statement. i feel were talking more about bike than we are quads now days on these forums.

lmfao!!!! it wasn't my foot it was my femur... and i got a bike because i wanted 2... and i don't want no crf hybrid right now either jackass i'm gettin a CBR... get your facts straight... and i don't have to make up my mind... fact is i have enouf money to play with that i can buy what ever i want when i want... i go with whats popular at the time around my area

also fact is what i ride and want has nothing to do with this tread... you brought that up just because i called you on on your idiotic posts and you know i'm right...

your opinion is something you know jack **** about... you've never owned one so your talkin our your ***...

11-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Mashmello- the only reason your hating on four strokes is because you don't have one. every post I see about bikes from you is saying how much better 2 strokes are and how much faster Bubba was on a 2 stroke.

How about this, stop putting around the track, and go to an actual race, and race. Lets see how your 2 stroke does against these 4 stoke grenades now.

11-05-2006, 06:50 PM
lmfao!!!! it wasn't my foot it was my femur... and i got a bike because i wanted 2... and i don't want no crf hybrid right now either jackass i'm gettin a CBR... get your facts straight... and i don't have to make up my mind... fact is i have enouf money to play with that i can buy what ever i want when i want... i go with whats popular at the time around my area

also fact is what i ride and want has nothing to do with this tread... you brought that up just because i called you on on your idiotic posts and you know i'm right...

your opinion is something you know jack **** about... you've never owned one so your talkin our your ***...

If dats yo word of mouf, Nobody F*ck with the rich college boy

rmz250
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
If dats yo word of mouf, Nobody F*ck with the rich college boy

just don't talk

Tommy 17
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Mashmello- the only reason your hating on four strokes is because you don't have one. I every post I see about bikes from you is saying how much better 2 strokes and how much faster Bubba was on a 2 stroke.

How about this, stop putting around the track, and go to an actual race, and race. Lets see how your 2 stroke does against these 4 stoke grenades now.

thank you! its about time someone else notices it...

and i ain't no rich college boy... but i know how to get what i want...