PDA

View Full Version : upgrading 300ex

300_dude
11-03-2006, 08:48 PM
I already have my 300ex kinda hooked up with jet kit airbox lid off, aftermarket exhaust and headpipe. 14 tooth front sprocket and 39tooth rear. What kind of sparkplug would be a good one for my 300? I want something really good. And I have heard about the CDI and I want to replace it as well but I need to go step by step. Any advices really appreciated.

4TraxRider
11-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Almost any reputable brand spark plug would do fine for you. If you looking for more power, you'd probably get more bang for the buck bu installing a high. comp piston and or cam of some kind.

JimmyHoffa
11-07-2006, 07:11 PM
The cold hard truth? Don't. I'm in the EXACT situation you are, and have decided to get a 400. The money and reliability for extensive engine mods aren't worth it. What year is your bike?

250X_project
11-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Yea be like every body else get a 400....:rolleyes: But I like the NGK, but as for a model of plug what kind of riding do you do? more than average lengths of time at high RPMs? average? or less than average? Tell me that and I can tell you witch plug..

by the way it sounds though you are looking for a better ignition, this is in the coil and CDI. I would not recommend a CDI unless you race, but a performance coil will give a better ignition spark curve. may need to upgrade octane to prevent detonation.