PDA

View Full Version : few questions!

christophere251
11-03-2006, 04:33 PM
im about to get a 250r and it a non pv motor the motor is .030 over with a wiseco it has an fmf fatty with fmf silencer. It has some sort of after market carb also. I was wondering what kind of power i could expect it to have? im buying to out run all these banshees around here! any suggestions to make ungodly fast?

Cr85rRida
11-03-2006, 04:38 PM
The R's are a fast machine stock. Even adding small things like a better pipe (designed for your riding style) gearing, tires, and a carb will increase your performance.

I wouldnt dig into the engine right away. First feel it out. Then mod it to what you want. I think you will be plenty happy with the R;s power as is. But like i said ditch the FMF and go with a better brand like ESR or LRD or Paul turner.

GT300
11-05-2006, 10:37 PM
FMF pipes aren't that bad, ditching it wouldn't be my first priority. Try porting and a filter to match the carb.

wilkin250r
11-06-2006, 03:26 AM
A banshee does one thing very well. It goes fast in a straight line.

If you are looking to beat your buddies on open roads, you are going to have to put a lot of money into the motor to do it. The true advantage of the 250r isn't in the motor, it's in the suspension.

86 Quad R
11-06-2006, 06:41 AM
for starters i would install a cr250 head gasket or get the 3 layer 250r gasket and use the thinner of the 3. this will bump the compression up a bit, giving you better torque. install a rad valve with fiberglass(not carbon fiber) reeds and while you have the carb off. figure out what size/style carb you have. once you made these mods i'd plug chop/rejet.

i'd keep the fatty pipe for the time being and see how you like it with the new setup.

later, i would consider having an extreme play port done by a reputable engine builder/porter.