PDA

View Full Version : G-Force a new affordable axle but they dont make for an R

JEYER86R
11-03-2006, 04:18 PM
I have spoken to a few local builders and they said this axle is as good as the Durablue it is just made overseas. I found out Rockymountianatv.com owns G-Force. So I emailed Rockymountain. By the way the axle is $199 for an adjustable.

My Email

Hi my brother had just bought a g-force axle for his YFZ 450 and is quiet happy with the product. I have an 1986 TRX 250r and I was disappointed to see G-Force does not have an axle for my bike. Even though this bike was made for only three years it remains to be one of the most popular (if not the best) two strokes ever made. I am register on a number of TRX 250r forums and I will be glad to spread the word when/if G-Force ever makes an axle for the 250r. One of the most common complaints among riders is the cost of aftermarket parts. I believe the cost of the G-Force axles and quality will make this a popular part on everyone’s list. Please notify if you can if G-Force is coming out with these axles soon (adjustable width) because I am in the market and don’t want to buy the expensive Durablue axles.

The reply from Rockymountain

Thank you for the email. At this time G-force has no plans in manufacturing the axles for this machine. The reasoning behind it is they say that since this bike has not been produced fro about 18 years now and is diminishing then they feel the length of the manufacturing process would not be well invested. I am sorry for the inconvenience in this and please let me know if there is anything else at this time.

Obviously they do not know the "R" world...I think with the help of everyone we can help them figure it out.

Ooh yeah they see it wise to make an axle for a TRX 250x....???

Cr85rRida
11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
just get another model, im sure 400ex would fit, just need the right hubs and stuff, ask around.

yeah the 250x lmao o well.

elbine69
11-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Yah if your set on getting a g force go for the 400ex axle. I wouldnt buy one tho since youd have to get new hubs and such and Ive seen quite a few of those axles bent after the first ride on them. Just my 2 cents.

RichM1983
11-03-2006, 05:14 PM
They probably make them for the 250x because its exactly like the 300ex which means it been made pretty much unchanged except for the motor since 1987. Thats almost 20 years.

Use a 400ex axle. Im pretty sure they work and I'm sure someone will confirm this to be true if this is up long enough.