PDA

View Full Version : Where to start with the upgrades for safety.

PAPutzback
11-03-2006, 11:15 AM
My son is six and is already going as fast as he can. The wfie says I need to slow him down. But if I use the throttle limiter there is no pwerband when he gets into the mud. So I have read that there is a pnik wire that will kill the 4th gear. Everyone makes it sound like it should be connected already. but I know the thing is doing 39 MPH with me (195#) on it and I am sure it is going into a 4th gear.

So if someone has a manual I'd love to order it. PAPutzback@insightbb.com. And also what are some of the things to make it safer. My biggest fear is him rolling it over.

Are there any camps in Indiana for training the kids?

Thanks.

Pappy
11-03-2006, 11:34 AM
The pink wire is the high speed limiter, cutting it allows the little 90 to run as fast as she can.

Widen the quad and work with him so he learns the proper way to handle his quad. A simple set of wheel spacers can help out alot when you first start out.

PAPutzback
11-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks. I have asked for a quote from C&D. Is EBay the best place to look for used parts?

PAPutzback
11-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Also. How old is that person in that picture?

Pappy
11-04-2006, 09:56 AM
For stuff like wheel spacers and the cdi box (they do work well), ebay seems to be the best option. There are TONS of TRX90 racers on this site and the mini for sale section is usually a good place to look for parts.

I think Cody was 10 in that picture.

Arctic Cat Dad
11-05-2006, 05:34 AM
This pink wire will not have anything to do with power in the mud. It only stops the quad from making more power when in 4th gear. If he needs more power in the mud down shift.

To find the pink wire to see if it is still connected. Look on the left side on the frame under the tank. There you will see all the electrical wires going into 1 round system. Pull the wire boot cover back. There you will see the pink wire,ours on the 06 Honda wasn't exactly pink it was an off red color. If it is connected,then the limiter in in place and it won't produce the most power the machine can make. If you cut it and then tape the ends it will run about 46 with a 80 lb kid on it. That's what our's will run. The wire doesn't keep it from going into 4th gear,you put it into 4th gear. The wire just keeps it from producing the most power when in 4th gear.

Another thing you may want to do is change the rear wheels . The tires roll alot of the Honda. Because they are so tall and have a high profile. Look at the rear tires on Codys quad. The turff Tamers are good or any set of wider width and a lower profile works great. We run Kenda Claw MXR's on the rear.

You can change some sprockets and help slow it down. I know where your coming from. Because Michael has been racing for 4 years and STILL when he starts flying around his track here at the house his mom goes crazy and runs in the house and won't come out.:D

If you need any other help just feel free to ask away. Pappy and I will help ya.

PAPutzback
11-06-2006, 06:13 AM
I don't think lower profile tires will help me because without the 90 having reverse I have to lift Preston off every log he runs over or even little bushes will hold him up. Where is the 4x4 90 at.

I'll probably leave that pink wire intact for a while. I found a great place to ride on the South Side of Indy in the woods so he should pick up some turning\leaning and power control skills down in there.

ibthegator
11-06-2006, 07:40 AM
both my boys are on the honda 90's and I would say the best thing I did was change the rear tires and put on some elkas...We are using razrs on the rear and do a lot of woods and rocky riding.
They learn quickly how to get over or around obstacles.
The bike is not half as tippy.
I knew nothing of this pink wire and will have to check that out.
I also read somewhere about using "e-ton" rear hubs I think???
It widens the rear 2" overall.

Hey Pappy...great shots

PAPutzback
11-06-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm a new to ATV parts. Are the E-Ton's a replacement for the hub that is attached to the axle. Is this the same idea as putting spacers on the existing hub.

Where is a good place to get the tires at? Would these same ones be good for a Rancher? I like the mud but sometimes it doesn't want to let me go.

ibthegator
11-06-2006, 08:10 AM
I would think that a hub is better than a spacer.
I don't quite follow your tire question.

PAPutzback
11-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Are the Razors and Elkas tires? If so where is a good place to pick tires up at. Is it cheaper online even after shipping or should my local dealers carry aftermarket tires?

smokinwrench
11-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Razors are shocks. Elkas are a brand of shocks.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by PAPutzback
Well seeing as C&D doesn't respond to inquiries

Correct me if I am wrong we have been emailing back and forth, so I would say we have been responding to inquiries.

PAPutzback
11-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Sorry about jumping the gun. I waited two days and then sent another message which was responded to quickly.

Phil