PDA

View Full Version : 07 warranty questions

mymastifftucker
11-03-2006, 08:40 AM
I bought the extended warranty on my 07 450ER but would like to install the HRC cam. If I have the dealer do this will it void my warranty? If so, how far can you go without voiding it?.........the dealer told me "bolt-on modifications are OK", is this true or is he blowing smoke up my behind? I already installed a pipe and filter but wont go much further if it upsets BIG RED!!

jatizasy
11-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Call the honda help line. They will ask for you vin# and let you know exactly what you or the dealer can and can not do so you do not loose you warranty. I called about mine and they were very nice..

MAD450r
11-03-2006, 01:32 PM
I have hrc pipe suspension and a few more things on mine. I was told by my dealer, outside the engine I can change anything. Just whatever I change is no longer covered obviously. If your going to bring your atv to the same dealer you got it from and they told you boltons are good you all set.

Oh on the pipe bolton thing. He said if I blew the engine and they found it to be from jetting they dont cover it. I then told him I had already ordered a sparks pipe and told him I was getting it with full hrc. The salesman at sparks racing told me the jettings would be fine.