PDA

View Full Version : suggestion on pipes...

Teqniek
11-03-2006, 07:59 AM
I need some tips/suggestions on some pipes on my 300EX..

im looking for somthing with more tork/pull then anything..

i mostly trail/mud n track ride... no drag racing... only racing were therse 1000 turns(tracks n stuff)lol.. big gun is to freeken expesive...i was think of a shorty pipe but not sure were to get it... does anyone know???

if any one knows of anything good lemme know n maybe post were i can see the specs n stuff...

thnks

Teq..

bwamos
11-03-2006, 08:50 AM
If you don't race, don't get a shorty. Shorty's are even becoming illegal in races. They are simply too loud and get riding areas closed.

HMF Slip-on w/ WB Header, or FMF Header (cheaper than HMF Full).
Sparks X-4
WB Pipes (e-series has a tendancy to crack mounts).
FMF mid level pipes (skip the MegaMax and get the better ones).
DG mid level pipes (skip the DG Krome and get a better one).

Basically just stay away from Cobra, and DG Krome, and the budget pipes.

Get a full system, and dont cheap out and get a slip-on without a header. The stock header on the 300ex is tiny and overly restrictive.

Getting jstu an HMF slip-on is ok though.. but I'd add a header down the road. It will get rid of the stock baffled system.

11-05-2006, 06:59 PM
GET THE DG KROME MY FRIEND HAS IT ITS GOOD BUT GET A AFTERMARKET HEADER WITH IT

tldPREDATORboy
11-05-2006, 10:02 PM
sparks all the way man.

Sjorge450R
11-06-2006, 04:10 AM
i have been running a Supertrapp IDS-2 on my 300 all season long and I won the district points already with it. Very nice bottom end pipe. You also have the discs (which White Bros copied) so that you can quite it down or liven the motor up.

Teqniek
11-06-2006, 07:56 AM
hey Sjorge nice 300 first of all.. i love the wite!! i was look into the supertrapp my self.. the specs noted it had alot of bottem end n thats what intrest me...

i got a question though... n its a lil off topic.. i noticed u have the same rear tires as i do kenda klaws.. n u also have em mounted on the opposite side then me.. on one direction it says soft... the other direction it says hard i beleave one side is for soft dirt/gravel the other is for hard dirt/gravel ??? im wondering which side is better??
maybe u can tell me...

thanks..

Seano300ex
11-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Yea I think a HMF pipe would be the best for you. I got one and it has gob's of low end torque and still pulls on the top end

elementryder
11-06-2006, 12:43 PM
yeh i like loud pipes but if you dont race probly shuldent get one

tc shorty
sparks
hmf/wb combo
yosh
super trapp
white bros

just make shure you get a compet system

gotwarrior
11-06-2006, 02:52 PM
HMF or Pro Circuit

Sjorge450R
11-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Teqniek
hey Sjorge nice 300 first of all.. i love the wite!! i was look into the supertrapp my self.. the specs noted it had alot of bottem end n thats what intrest me...

i got a question though... n its a lil off topic.. i noticed u have the same rear tires as i do kenda klaws.. n u also have em mounted on the opposite side then me.. on one direction it says soft... the other direction it says hard i beleave one side is for soft dirt/gravel the other is for hard dirt/gravel ??? im wondering which side is better??
maybe u can tell me...

thanks..

thanks for the compliments. Um as for the tires. I ran them the one direction as you saw in the pictures. I just flipped them for my race on yesterday and I really like them the other way for muddy conditions. These or RAZR II's will be on the rear of my 450r, the GNCC fronts will be my fronts.

250exkid
11-07-2006, 09:31 AM
what about a sparks x-4 full system?? are they good?

300exOH
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by 250exkid
what about a sparks x-4 full system?? are they good?

Sparks x-4 is about the best pipe for a 300ex but... if it's low/midrange power you need then you may be better off with the HMF. You will gain midrange and topend power from the sparks but it won't affect the low end power too much. The 300ex has very good low end power even in stock form so adding to the mid/top end will give you the most power across the entire powerband.

250X_project
11-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Nicely said 300exOH. Sparks is my dream pipe. Although I am looking for the X-6. Anyone have a good used one?

As far as the low end you may want to change your gearing, if top speed is less important to you.