PDA

View Full Version : Gas constantly overflows

ChvyCruzen
11-03-2006, 06:22 AM
I just bought a new 35mm PWK Air Stryker carb and the gas is constantly coming out the overflow tube.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? What about float level?

250R-Dee
11-03-2006, 06:28 AM
You definitely need to adjust the float level.

ChvyCruzen
11-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Yeah, but to what level? Anyone know?

MR.BIG
11-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I know you said its new but are you floats sticking because that will cause it to happen to.

ChvyCruzen
11-03-2006, 11:41 AM
It doesnt seem like the floats are sticking.

Crashmore 22
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
My 36 PJ was doing that. I thought the same thing, turned out the petcock would not shut off. I replaced the petcock and everything was fine.

velocityatv
11-06-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't think it'll be you petcock. Your floats are either stuck (if brand new, kind of unlikely) or need adjustment. I think you can find all your specs at www.sudco.com Your float is what lets your fuel in. When it's full it's supposed to shut off by pushing the needle valve shut. If out of adjstment or stuck it'll come out of the overflow. If this is a used carb make sure and take out the needle valve and inspect for dirt or even a piece of grass can magically get in there. Also make sure and check the needle valve for wear. Some have a rubber nipple that could have torn somehow.

Play with that and you should be fine. Ran into the same problem on my 38mm A/S and my 36mm both. On the lever end side of the float there is a small tab that'll have a piece of wire around it. You'll need to find your measurement and measure your float level. You tweak this tab that the needle valve attaches on to change your float level.

Hope this helps