PDA

View Full Version : Stupid rear brakes!!!!

stuntman_12
11-02-2006, 09:21 PM
If it's not one thing it's another... I just replaced the small o ring behind the piston on the rear brake caliper... it blew, makin fluid leak throught the back and there fore having no breaks, i also put new pads on.

Now after placeing everything back.... i can't get ANY resistance on the rear brake lever to bleed the brakes. I just pump and pump them w/ no build up of pressure? It'snot leaking anywhere and i think that the fluid level insn't dropping.:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The back brakes are my life saver. I ride my wheelies fairly far back...

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Kaleigh
11-02-2006, 10:24 PM
i just did this for my buddy a couple weeks ago so.. here goes.. open the rear reservoir. leave it open.. go to the caliper and loosen the bleeding nipple.. now with it open.. press down on your rear brake lever all the way down and hold it there.. while the brake lever is still down.. close the nipple.. add more fluid to the reservoir.. the repeat the process.. open the nipple and press the brake lever and while the brake lever is down close the nipple.. now do this till you get a steady stream of fluid coming out..

stuntman_12
11-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks.... that will pull the fluid through right? duhh... i should have knew that.. THanks though!!!:D

Kaleigh
11-03-2006, 11:07 AM
no prob.. I just hope you get it working good.. if your front brakes are soft.. check to see how much pad you got.. if you got alot of pads and your front brakes are still soft.. add some fluid..

I dont know if you need it though.. just letting you know.. cause i put more in mine and now I can do stoppies like no tomorrow.. ^_^