View Full Version : krylon paint

sleepinR
11-02-2006, 08:56 PM
will krylon paint easily scratch off...i mean through normal woods riding will small branches and stuff scratch it completely off? and how well does it hold up if your washing it? also does anyone have any pics of black 250R's with graphics?

KFX400 RACER
11-02-2006, 09:01 PM
I wanna know myself also since I have thought about painting some plastics but would just be for open riding and not get really scracthed unless I fall since I would do it on a dirtbike.

elbine69
11-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Are you talking about painting the frame and such or painting the plastics?

C-LEIGH RACING
11-03-2006, 07:08 AM
If its plastic your painting, you wont find a spray can paint that will stay on. Any area that flexed any at all will start to flake & crack.
Even the paint like the auto body shops use will come off.
Krylon on the frame will work right well if you put several coats.
Places like the lower a arms, you need to realy coat them heavy because over time weeds & such will scratch the paint off.

I use ceramic high temp engine paint on my bikes, spray it on thick & it drys to a real glossie finish.
Neil

Creech52
11-03-2006, 08:06 AM
I used Krylon fusion (for plastic) on my tank covers on my banshee and it worked great no cracks or flaking. The only problem I noticed was the paint rubbed off where the seat hits it but in turn the seat hides that anyway. Ive spilled a little gas on it here and there and it didnt seem to affect it. I dont know if I would go as far as painting fenders with it but if you have a scrap set of plastics I would give it a shot. Just remember preperation is the key to making it work. Sand all the big scratches out then hit it with some light paper I think I used 600 or 800 grit on mine just make it rough but with no noticeable scratches, then clean it really well I think I used mineral spirits on mine. Then do light coats spraying it everytime the paint starts to get tacky. Once its covered hit it a few more times to make sure its uniform and pretty solid. It should work out pretty good. My tank covers and rad cover on my banshee held up fine and I did this exact method for prepping.

mxduner
11-05-2006, 10:48 AM
has any one tried bumper cover paint

86250rbanshee
11-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I've painted my banshee fender plastic with the fushion paint and no problems It wasnt until after riding it and cleaning it I noticed a large gash in the rear which was or had to have been there bore i painted it. It hasn't cracked one bit and the trail we are riding in is tight and branches scrap it. The fushion paint actually chemically bonds itself to the plastic. Just a good prep cleaner has to be used or your wasting your time. I put about 4-6 coats on to get a good finish. I love that paint.