PDA

View Full Version : CRD exhaust system ? Exhaust questions

Dweezil
11-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Has any one ever tried ,heard, or know anything about CRD exhaust systems?

I'm shopping for an exhaust for my 02 400ex. From what I've searched here I'm leaning toward the sparks system. This is one of the lines I've picked up at work as well as Sparks and DR.D and wondered about it. It says that thier absolute power line gives more HP, Torque and A lot better throttle response. It's kind of new and I can't find any one who has tried it.

I'm looking for a good exhaust for my set up.

416 piston kit

Stage 2 Hotcam

Oversized Valves

HD Valve Springs

Head Work

450r carb (soon)

I mostly hard trail ride but I do have a motocross track on my property but I hardly ever ride it( most customers say it's more like sx because of all the jumps in it.). I want somthing with real good TQ but still have stump pulling power throughout the RPM range.

Any help would be great. Thanks

TRX_450
11-02-2006, 08:01 PM
HMF all the way

christophere251
11-02-2006, 08:09 PM
ive got hmf and i love it! Its kinda loud though. but nothing like a cobra pipe!

Dweezil
11-02-2006, 08:18 PM
I heard a couple with HMF that sounded good and i can get them cheap because I'm a dealer but we seem to have the most problem and come backs at work with the HMF systems on quads and street bikes. Then again it could be from the owners mistreatment also.

I have a FMF power core slip on that came on it and the factory head pipe which I ground down the welds. I really want a full system for my set up.

We have a 04 450r at work with some work done to it. It has the sparks system and MAN DOES IT SOUND AWSOME!!!! I love getting to pull it in at nite. Will my 400 sound anything like it whith the sparks system?

Dweezil
11-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Any one live near Rockingham NC? I'm looking for some people to ride with. The kids are fun to ride with but I like to go more then 10-15 mph.

guinness77
11-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by TRX_450
HMF all the way

God I love those bouncing boobs.
Thanks TRX_450.

krt400ex
11-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Dweezil
Has any one ever tried ,heard, or know anything about CRD exhaust systems?

I'm shopping for an exhaust for my 02 400ex. From what I've searched here I'm leaning toward the sparks system. This is one of the lines I've picked up at work as well as Sparks and DR.D and wondered about it. It says that thier absolute power line gives more HP, Torque and A lot better throttle response. It's kind of new and I can't find any one who has tried it.

I'm looking for a good exhaust for my set up.

416 piston kit

Stage 2 Hotcam

Oversized Valves

HD Valve Springs

Head Work

450r carb (soon)

I mostly hard trail ride but I do have a motocross track on my property but I hardly ever ride it( most customers say it's more like sx because of all the jumps in it.). I want somthing with real good TQ but still have stump pulling power throughout the RPM range.

Any help would be great. Thanks

yoshi. they r a great bottom to mid pipe, but they will still allow the machine to pull higher in the RPM range. and they can be quieted down to 93dec

oldskoolex400
11-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Dweezil--i live in asheboro nc a little ways from you

how much is that 450r with the sparks pipe on it?

Dweezil
11-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Were selling it for a friend of the dealership. But they want it off the floor to make more room for christmas. They guy is asking 5,000 for it but we aren't marking it up.If you want I could call him and see what he would take for it. I think he might take a little less for it. It's been siting on the floor for a while and he just bought a fatboy.

It's a 04 450r it has the full sparks system with exhaust wrap. The head has had some kind of work done to it also. The cam is a custom web I think. It has grab bars and peg maximizers.It. lowered a little with some removeable brackets to set it back stock. It sounds mean I always try to time it so I get to ride it around the parking lot to pull it in at night.

He mainly bought it to play with at the tracks once in a while with some friends. We are about 10 min from Rockingham Dragway.

If your intrested let me know and I'll get his number so you can just talk to him. I'm sure he could tell you whats done to it or what he would take for it.

Dweezil
11-03-2006, 09:54 PM
oldskoolex400

Do you ever take your ex to uwarrie? How did it do?
I took my banshee once and vowed never to take it back because it was so low in the back. But I do enjoy it on my CR250.

oldskoolex400
11-03-2006, 10:10 PM
no, i didnt have any problems at uwharrie im running 9" rims with 20in holeshot xc. it drug every once and awhile but not much if i do ive got full skids so it slides across most anything you just have to watch what your doing.
i havent been at all to ride there this year when do they close the end of november or are they already closed?

on the 450r 5 grand is a little more than i am wantin to spend on used 04

Dweezil
11-05-2006, 04:53 PM
On the 450r, yeah I know 5 is high. That's what we been trying to tell him.

oldskoolex400
11-05-2006, 05:04 PM
yea i can get a new 04 05 maybe 06 for close to that

Dweezil
11-05-2006, 05:10 PM
yeah everytime a customer is intrested in it they ask about a new or left over year one.Then they always buy the new one.

Hey oldskool you got any extra kx500 parts lying around? I'm in need of a few more parts to get mine going.