PDA

View Full Version : blaster probs..

SamC
11-02-2006, 07:48 PM
ok so i just got this 1997 yamaha blaster for a project for 300. its really nice for 300, needs some work.. well i got it running really good then all of asudden the next day it wont start and the only way i could get it started was pop starting it down my street. it wont start by kick it has really good spark too. i had this prob when i had my cr80 but that was because the coil was not grounded to the frame. but this time its fine and sparks.. any ideas?

plug is wet when i pull the plug i even replaced the plug...

also does anyone have any parts for it?

headache
11-02-2006, 08:38 PM
the carb is either too rich or needs cleaned. Has the quad been sitting for a while? If so then take the carb off and clean it good and put it back on.

bradley300
11-03-2006, 08:21 AM
i'm pating my blaster out right now, i have a thread in the yamaha parts section.

check the nuts that hold the cylinder and head on. if they came loose while it ran good, it would loose compression and be real hard to start the next time

headache
11-03-2006, 11:44 AM
yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the head, base and reed cage bolts. i've had them vibrate loose before. even the exhaust bolts can come loose!!!

klay_911
11-07-2006, 04:46 PM
www.projectblaster.com dude thats a better web site if u want to know stuff bout blasters, no ofence guys

SamC
11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
i fixed my blaster i replaced the rings head gasket and air filter and changed the fluids and it runs great now

04predyoshi
11-07-2006, 06:54 PM
any here think extreme lineing the frame is a good idea i think it is because it would keep some of the value up and the paint wont come off when yu hit something.