PDA

View Full Version : What do I need for my banshee

banshee2000
11-02-2006, 05:26 PM
I just bought a banshee and wanted it to go really fast, I haven't even rode it yet because it has flat tires on the front. Right now all I have for it is a boost bottle. I heard that helps some but I really wanted to make it go fast. It probley goes around 80-90 right now from what the guy told me. Someone told me if I got a new radiator for it that it would cool it down better and make it go quite a bit faster. Makes since. Does anyone know where to put the oil in because the guy I bought if from said it probley needs an oil change. Any help would be great.

400exrider707
11-02-2006, 05:35 PM
new off the floor they do 70-72ish...not 80. A boost bottle doesn't make it faster. No mods make it faster...sprocket sizes and tire sizes effect your speed not motor mods. Motor mods just get you there quicker. A good set of pipes and intake system really wake up banshees. Start there. Post some pics too.... Also any idea when it last had a top end job?? Being an 87 it probably could use a bore/hone and some new pistons/rings

banshee2000
11-02-2006, 05:39 PM
So the boost bottle does nothing??? It says 2-3 horsepower on the package. And what about the radiator?? What if I pull the insides out of the pipes, I figure that would be just as good as a set of pipes.

EX lvr
11-02-2006, 06:01 PM
look at where ur pipes come out of your heads, they do a complete circle then head out the back with a few twists and turns. a performance pipe will just send it straight back, un packing your silencers will help a little but not much. and what 400exrida means about the boost bottle is that more horsepower doesnt make you go faster since your engine can only turn so fast. after that you need to change your gearing or get a bigger set of tires

xxnightraven73x
11-02-2006, 06:14 PM
well my buddies banshee after i was done did 98-100 but it had alot of work into it. it was bored,stroked,ported and polished,alba carbs,toomey t-5's,and geared but it was sick

oldsking86
11-13-2006, 08:20 AM
A boost bottle? what do you think you have nitrous or something lol
Look for the banshee they are right.. your main focuse would have to be on the gear setting ( changing the sprokets, preferably your front one first) and tire size.. Motor work can only do soo much as the motor can withstand.. My 86 250r ATC runs over 90 on a fairly stock motor with a nice exhaust and the front sproket changed.. Look into a new refreshening of your motor like they said too. Damn 2 strokes can put a hurting on the internals.