PDA

View Full Version : XC racing

Ruby Soho
11-02-2006, 04:40 PM
my friend wants to get into xc racing, and he has no idea what-so-ever on how to get into it, where the tracks are etc..

neither do i haha.

anyone wanna fill me in on series, etc.. for xc racing?

by the way, harescrambles are xc right?

Mxjunkie
11-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Harescramble's are XC.. You can find some tracks if your local ama district host's a few or a local track..

xc races you really dont need much besides good tires, handguards and skid's if the track is very rocky.. Nerf's if you like them but its nice not to run them if you get stuck in a bottle neck so you can push it back

Like mx you have to run a kill switch

Ruby Soho
11-02-2006, 06:16 PM
thanks mxjunkie

trick250r
11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
correct me if im wrong but i do believe that in XC its a lot more rider than it is machine... unlike mx where the machine plays a huge role.

Mxjunkie
11-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
correct me if im wrong but i do believe that in XC its a lot more rider than it is machine... unlike mx where the machine plays a huge role.

That is true! you have to be in shape to do both but in gncc you dont have to rely on the quad as much in MX, gncc's you can get away with a basically stock quad and smoke people if your really good and you have great stamina

Ruby Soho
11-02-2006, 06:55 PM
i like xc more than mx.

riding through the woods in 4th gear is much more of a rush then on an open track.. imo

400exrules
11-02-2006, 09:59 PM
nerfs are extremely important...i know first hand. not only will they save you over and over, but they make it easier to get through tight sections because you dont have to worry about catchin a tree with your rear tire...you kinda just slide through like a slot car.

also, a camelback, good brakes, good tires, hand guards, and a chest protector are all VERY important

Punk'd
11-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Shocks are a must if you really get into it.

What kind of quad does he have?