PDA

View Full Version : more power!!

christophere251
11-02-2006, 02:51 PM
ive got a 440 kit now with stage 2 hot cam, rev box, hmf exhaust,dyno jet kit and uni filter. i have a hotrod crank already but its stock lenght, the piston is 12.5-1 comp and ive got a little bit of porting. what can be done to make more power. I know u can put a stroker crank in there. I want this thing to be as strong as it can without swapping to a different motor and being a hybrid. Any suggestions would be great!

400exstud
11-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Nitrous!

But seriously.........you are running out of options.

christophere251
11-02-2006, 02:57 PM
i wanna try to stay away from nitrous. I was thinkin about a fuel injected cbr 600rr motor from a sport bike would be a great motor on a quad but i would have to get a n old ex cause mine is an 01 and it still looks better than most new ones i see around and i just could stand to hack it up like that.

CHEVYZ
11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
That cam sucks. Switch that out for a Webcam. Change the stock carb to either a 450r carb or a FCR. You could always go a step further with the headwork....oversized valves, better port work, etc. Change from a Uni airfilter to a K&N and remove the lid if you have not done so. You could also send out the flywheel to have it lightened, depending on your riding type/style.

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 04:39 PM
that cam doesn't suck... why would top pros be using them if they sucked?

and i wouldn't do the k&n because the last time i pulled my filter off, i had dirt in my intake...not good. i am going to be switching to a uni asap

Kaleigh
11-02-2006, 05:14 PM
ports, 3 angle valve job, new carb, keep the UNI filter.. K&N is good but dont use it if you are going to be in very dusty conditions.. what revbox do you have.. i think vortex makes one(dont quote me on it) but there is one that is just awesome.. dont know if you have that one..

CHEVYZ
11-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Coming from a guy that actually has experience with it.... the cam sucks. It is a cheap cam, good for a low budget upgrage and with decent power increases, but it is a lesser performing cam all the same. I have had experience with Hotcams in my 400EX, and 450rs, and cannot wait until I finish swapping them out for better cams.

As for the K&N, it depends on the conditions you ride in as to if it is safe to use it, but it is also much better in performance compared to UNI.

We need some more specifics on riding type/areas/conditions.

christophere251
11-02-2006, 06:53 PM
u get what u pay for when it comes to parts! web cams are the same if not cheaper priced then hotcams! custom grindes would be better than any. OH yea i have a white bro rev box!

Kaleigh
11-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
Coming from a guy that actually has experience with it.... the cam sucks. It is a cheap cam, good for a low budget upgrage and with decent power increases, but it is a lesser performing cam all the same. I have had experience with Hotcams in my 400EX, and 450rs, and cannot wait until I finish swapping them out for better cams.

As for the K&N, it depends on the conditions you ride in as to if it is safe to use it, but it is also much better in performance compared to UNI.

We need some more specifics on riding type/areas/conditions.

yea.. im with you on this one.. I wanted a webcam but didnt want to pay the extra.. even though you get a core for you old cam.. but I wanted to keep my old cam.. so the hotcam is like half the price of the webcam..

krt400ex
11-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by christophere251
u get what u pay for when it comes to parts! web cams are the same if not cheaper priced then hotcams! custom grindes would be better than any. OH yea i have a white bro rev box!

get rid of that. it only raises the rev limiter. get like a dynatec or something, those things r awesome