PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Race Ready YFZ 470 For Sale

ThomsonRacing
11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
For Sale is a Race Ready 2004 YFZ470. I tried to sell it on ebay, but there was not a winning bidder. I've greatly reduced the price for quick sale. I'm asking $5,300 or make an offer. The quad is in excellent shape. Read below. If you are interested, please email me at ThomsonRacing@aol.com. I'm in East/Central Iowa. Keep in mind, that this is not an auction, so please disregard the text below that makes it sound that way.

Thanks,
JJ

This auction is for a 2004 YFZ 450 that has been bored to a 470. This quad has a ton of extras including over $2,500 in motor expenses and over $3,000 in extras. I hate to see it go, but due to injuries the past two seasons I have called it quits. It was actually only raced one full season, in 2004. In 2005 it saw 6 races before a season ending wrist injury, and in 2006 it saw 2 races before an arm injury. This quad is loaded with many racing extras and many new stock parts. It has been very well maintained with washes after every race, oil and filter changes every other race and heated/cooled storage when not in use. I had tried selling it locally as a full race quad this summer and fall, but had no luck. So, I removed some of the "un-necessities", but left it with the width, motor, suspension and some new stock parts that I originally took off of it with about 2 hours of use. This is a perfect quad for any rider looking to get into racing and doing it without spending an arm and a leg.

Ok, so here we go. This quad was built into a 470 after only a few break in hours. The work was done by SORE Racing. The kit includes a High Compression Piston (runs on Turbo Blue race gas, 110 Octane), Hot Cams Intake Cam, Retarded (Stock) Exhaust Cam, Full GYTR Clutch Kit (Billet Clutch Hub, Pressure Plate and Basket) and also Carb mods. Finishing it up is a DOMA Racing full exhaust system (tons of low end torque, slight dent (smaller than a dime) from the brake caliper).

For suspension it has LSR DC-4 Long Travel A-Arms (chrome), and TCS Long Travel Front Shocks (newly rebuilt, 200lb expert). To match it on the rear, there is a LSR Axcaliber Axle (with warranty), TCS Revalved/Resprung Stock shock and a PEP Chain Roller.

For steering and handling, it has a LSR +1 Steering Stem (chrome, very slightly bent), TAG T2 Fat Bars (chrome), a LSR Fat Bar Clamp (billet), Streamline Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, and a BRAKING Rear brake rotor.

Other extras include a Pro Design Tether Kill Switch, a custom battery box from Frees Racing which holds a Honda CBR600 10 Amp battery instead of the weak 6 amp battery from Yamaha, AC Racing Pro Peg Nerf Bars, a Baldwin Motorsports Gripper Seat Cover (small tear), a fully gusseted and powdercoated frame (slight crack on rear fender mount, very minor, see picture, slight twist in subframe, again very minor, see picture of rear end), and very new stock white plastic (minor scratches from boot rubs, looks great though).

Additionaly, the winning bidder will get a full jet kit with some other misc. parts. A slightly used piston, extra plastic (minus front fender), extra gaskets, owners manual, tools and the extra key.

As you can see, there is a lot here and someone is going to end up with a pretty sweet ride. Just for extra notes, the title is clean, the top end was recently gone through with new gaskets, the motor has never (and I mean never) been blown up, and the swingarm, radiator, oil tank, wheel hubs and tires were all put back on this machine with less than 4 hours on them.

Serious bidders/buyers only please. Please contact me with any questions. I would prefer it to be picked up locally. However, I will use Haul Bikes if it does need to be shipped. Buyer will be responsible for all shipping charges though and keep in mind, the buyer will then need to pay for shipping charges on the box of extras (plastic, jets, piston, etc) that will need to be shipped seperately.

I will only accept a cashiers check or cash as a means of payment. If this is to be picked up locally, I will set up a time to meet at the local bank for the transaction to take place and the title will be signed over then. If the transaction does not take place in person, I will not ship the quad until the check clears.