PDA

View Full Version : How are these PEP shocks?

awsomeaussies
11-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I've never seen these before. Are they new? With that price tage, I'm really tempted to try them out. But I wonder if you can get those in Long Travel:confused:
Here's the link....
http://www.danacreechracing.com/categories/products/product-114.html
Let me know if you've ever heard of these!

400eXr1d3rZ
11-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I might try those out, STD Travel with +3 arms or something. Christmas is coming up:blah:

tar
11-02-2006, 02:48 PM
If they are any good that's a great price.

awsomeaussies
11-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I know seriously! From the sounds of it, they even have rezzies. But I wonder if that is the real picture of what they look like??? Cause the rear shock shows that same pictures too:confused:

450r51
11-02-2006, 04:52 PM
uve never seen pep's before????:huh :eek2: :huh :eek2:

they are imo the top of the line shock out there now. i still cant beleive u havent heard of them. nearly every top rider rides them.

awsomeaussies
11-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
uve never seen pep's before????:huh :eek2: :huh :eek2:

they are imo the top of the line shock out there now. i still cant beleive u havent heard of them. nearly every top rider rides them.

Of course I've heard of them before silly:blah: But I've never seen the ones I just posted. $595.00 with rezzies:eek:

04TRX400EX
11-02-2006, 09:45 PM
They look a lot like ones that I was looking at buying a little while back. They are the same excellent quality as all Pep shocks and have the remote reservoirs but lack adjustability. As the description states, because you cannot "tune" the shocks to varying track conditions, they are not recommended for serious competition but would be an outstanding upgrade.

Here is a picture of some I was looking at. Very similar.

fandl450r
11-03-2006, 09:54 AM
If they are indeed the ones pictured, they are the LTD Mass version, not the large 8 click cans.

NacsMXer
11-03-2006, 04:02 PM
They're not new, they've been around for a while but are pretty rare.

They are basically PEP's entry-level shocks. Everything is preset, no compression or rebound adjustments, no ZPS spring.

The limited mass PEP's are the next step up with a unique internal damping and compression adjustability and no ZPS spring as well.

Then you have the PEP ZPS which has everything the limited mass setup has but obviously with ZPS capability.

Then you got your PEP ARC (adjustable rebound and compression) available in ZPS as well as long travel. You also get the option of big bottle 8 click reservoirs or standard 20 click cans.

That's the basic synopsis of the PEP lineup ;)

awsomeaussies
11-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
They're not new, they've been around for a while but are pretty rare.

They are basically PEP's entry-level shocks. Everything is preset, no compression or rebound adjustments, no ZPS spring.

The limited mass PEP's are the next step up with a unique internal damping and compression adjustability and no ZPS spring as well.

Then you have the PEP ZPS which has everything the limited mass setup has but obviously with ZPS capability.

Then you got your PEP ARC (adjustable rebound and compression) available in ZPS as well as long travel. You also get the option of big bottle 8 click reservoirs or standard 20 click cans.

That's the basic synopsis of the PEP lineup ;)

Thanks for clearing that up! Do you think it would be worth investing in the limited mass shocks instead? I want something that I'm not going to want to upgrade like I'm constintly doing now.

KingpinsEx
11-05-2006, 08:16 AM
For play racing and trail riding those shocks would be fine. They just not meant for hardcore racing, most riders do not need all those adjustments anyway. They are a great deal i must say, even though they do not have the ZPS spring they are still 150 less then elka's version of that shock, however it does have the ZPS spring. It's all in what your looking for, if it's an upgrade from stock or works, they would be amazing, but dont expect to much cuz remeber you get what you pay for. Also im not sure if that model shock comes in long travel, doubt it but the price would go up significantly if it did...

NacsMXer
11-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
Thanks for clearing that up! Do you think it would be worth investing in the limited mass shocks instead? I want something that I'm not going to want to upgrade like I'm constintly doing now.

No problem :) Those shocks are definitely worth the price......it just comes down to whether or not you want compression adjustability. The price difference between the limited mass and race series is about 200 dollars, so it really depends on your need for that.

If you are not a serious racer who constantly changes their bike setup for different track conditions and just like to ride and have fun....I say go for it!

awsomeaussies
11-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
No problem :) Those shocks are definitely worth the price......it just comes down to whether or not you want compression adjustability. The price difference between the limited mass and race series is about 200 dollars, so it really depends on your need for that.

If you are not a serious racer who constantly changes their bike setup for different track conditions and just like to ride and have fun....I say go for it!

I don't really want all the adjustments, or do I think I would notice a difference anyway. Since there's only one main track around here I'm not worried about setting them up everytime I ride. Is the adjustments the only thing different on them? Because if that's the case I think I'll get them.... I emailed Baldwin, so when I here back from him, I'll let you all know what he says:)