PDA

View Full Version : 450r under water quick help needed

newcastle915
11-02-2006, 12:08 PM
went through a puddle a little deeper then i thought it was well she sunk and got water in the oil whats the best was to flush the engine. oils draining now

red2004 TRX450R
11-02-2006, 12:51 PM
get a case of cheep oil and fill it up kick 3 times shake back and forth, pick fround up and down and drain.
look to see if it is real milky.
do that again and kick 15 times and drain again. see how milky it is.
Darin gas and refill.
change trans oil.

if its not to milky fill up and run for 1 min and drain oil and refill and run for 10 min and refill.
than fun for 1/2 hour and refill
then u should be good.

I have done it to a honda before and only refilled like 3 times and it still runs!!

make sue u do the trany side a fwe times to.

gbcap
11-02-2006, 01:19 PM
drain bad oil...

remove spark plug.

clean carb or atleast take the bowl off and drain. make sure filter is dry and clean.

kick bike over make sure no water is in cylinder. don't kick aggressive.

fill with kerosene...kick once or twice...drain.

fill with cheap oil. kick over a few times drain.

change filer.

fill with cheap oil. kick a few times. drain. run for 2-3 minutes.

again untill the oil comes out perfect. no milkyness or water what so ever.

put new filter in and put new oil in. run ffor a few minutes. drain trans side. fill...run a few minutes and drain again. fill one last time and you should be good. make sure thier is no milkyness over there either.

gpd005
11-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Do as stated above! You'll be good to go.

wvspeedfreak
11-02-2006, 03:00 PM
GBCAP,ck your pm's please :)

450R_lover
11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I did this to mine when i first got it.. i had to change the oil like 10 times before it was normal again. I would change it, run it till it warmed up . then shut it off and drain it again. and start over. it takes a while but mines still runnin'!

DirtDevilBT
11-02-2006, 07:18 PM
lol, DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW lol

My friends 5 year old, or however old, decided to clean the inside of the exhaust with a water hose. He stuck is in the pipe and let it go for a few minutes. LOL, didn't see him do it, but found out when it was frozen. Yeah, it sucked.:scary: