PDA

View Full Version : Need to VENT! Im pissed....!!

700bRad
11-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Well not really pissed but I need to let some frustration out. I got in my deer stand at about 6:45ish this morning, sat for an hour before I saw anything. A little 6 pointer walked by but to small for me, if I would have shot him I probably would have been the joke of deer camp come shotgun. Anyway after I saw the 6 I waited and waited but didnt see anything else but squirrels. I sat in the stand untill 10am then decided to go build up my ground blind so its ready for shotgun season. Well im in my ground blind scooping leaves out of it, and adding a couple tree limbs here and there when I look up and see this war horse,
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j207/YFZbrad/11.jpg
Thats the only picture we have of him on trail camera. Hes alot bigger in real life. Well anyway, this boy comes walking down the ravine in front of me, and starting rubbing a couple saplings, My bow was about 5 yards behind me so I crawled on my belly real quick and grabbed it. When I started bringing it in the 10 pointer starts heading my way. It leans down and starts drinking out of the creek, about 15 yards away, so I throw the grunt call in my mouth and pull back. When he got broadside I tooted at him and he stopped. Then I released "THUD" the arrow bounced off his shoulder bone! Just my luck. I am so pissed! This is my first year bow hunting im finding out how challenging it really is, thats the second deer ive shot this year and had stuff like this happen. Last year during shotgun I shot at an 11 point 170 class, 60 yards away, he must have been a ghost... Still getting alot of crap about that one from the guys I hunt with to :D

ilpadrino113
11-02-2006, 10:27 AM
ya man stuff liek that happens. Everyones got numerous stories about the near misses.

I definitely woulda shot the 6er. i don't really care what size they are i just liek the venison.

Last year right after i filled my only doe tag i was walking back out to my stand when the fattest does i have ever seen jumped out of this corn field no more than 10 feet and i guess i scared her too because she paused for a couple seconds, enough for me to raise my gun and realize it was doe. I was pretty pissed.

11-02-2006, 10:30 AM
bow hunters earn my respect. I dont have much respect for people that have to use guns

tim colston
11-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by pilfered
bow hunters earn my respect. I dont have much respect for people that have to use guns

Guns have their place. Think of how overpopulated the deer would be without guns. I will give props to bowhunters, takes a lot more skill.

flattrack440ex
11-02-2006, 10:43 AM
if you dont mind me asking how much weight are you pulling and how fast are you shooting and how much does your arrows and heads weigh? also are you using fixed or mechanical heads? things like this happen all the time bow hunting. when i was younger before i hab the bow i got now i did about the same thing just it wasnt that big lol. atleast hes gonna be around for shotgun season though so you still have another shot at him.

bwamos
11-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
Guns have their place. Think of how overpopulated the deer would be without guns. I will give props to bowhunters, takes a lot more skill.

Agree.
I'm not a big fan of hunting. Not against it, just not my thing. In Missouri the deer are getting so overpopulated, they pretty much gave open tags last year. Lack of large predators.

As long as the deer is used for venison (and a trophy) and not discarded left to rot, just for a trophy.

The old "If you kill it, you eat it" menatlity I was raised with.

700bRad
11-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Its been about 4 hours and I still cant believe the arrow bounced off. Im gonna have nightmares...

11-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by pilfered

yes me too

hunting you ****in feed them and **** so they come to you and BOOM shoot them

no skill there :rolleyes:

TC426EX
11-04-2006, 11:53 AM
stop whining

Shift_450R
11-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
yes me too

no skill eh? Trying taking down a trophy buck at 500+ yards. Id LOVE to see you try it. donkey:rolleyes:

troutman561
11-04-2006, 01:00 PM
yes me too

I feed fish, catch them, cut them up, and eat them, am i evil also?

Honda400exrox
11-04-2006, 01:30 PM
yes me too

They both take skill you cockface....have you even tried either?