PDA

View Full Version : which pipe

trent03z400
11-02-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm looking for a pipe for my 450r. I also want the hrc kit. I am looking at the dasa or rossier or sparks. Or get an hmf slipon with an hrc kit. Just wondering on what i should do.

ghott
11-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Ya can't go wrong with a Rossier or DASA full system. IMO, I wouldn't waste my time on the Sparks system, it doesn't make anywhere near the numbers that the Rossier and DASA make.

The HRC Headpipe that comes with the kit, coupled with an HMF slip-on would probably be cost effective, and work nicely as well. The HRC headpipe is a great headpipe, and will yield a nice gain.

But, If I were you, and I had the money, I would do it right the first time. I'd buy a full Rossier or DASA system.

Just my opinion tho.

cals400ex
11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
what year 450r do you have?

krt400ex
11-04-2006, 06:31 PM
i dunno, i think the sparks pipes r some of the best out there...and they will get almost the same gains as the rossier or dasa...maybe a 1/2 hp differece. but it is not about the amout of power...it is about the way it gets put to the ground...the best dyno is the butt dyno

trent03z400
11-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
what year 450r do you have?
an 07

JRP
11-07-2006, 10:29 AM
well i just ordered my DASA Full System, and i cant wait to get it. DASA + Hotcam Stg2 = amazing(what i herd)

CHEVYZ
11-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I was in the same situation regarding my 05 a little while back. After some research, I decided to go with DASA. The DASA outperformed all others in every dyno chart I have ever seen. I could not be happier with the desicion I made. The pipe has a great sound and gives great power from bottom to top. Unlike a few other exhausts I have tried, the DASA has no "dead" spots (for example, the HMF system I used to have developed great power down low and through the mid range, but lacked top end power). It just keeps on pulling. Aside from the obvious (great) power increase, the pipe is built very well and at a very affordable price. The pipe tucks in close to the engine, meaning the pipe stays farther away from your leg. A system can be had for as low as $450 shipped.

Sjorge450R
11-09-2006, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
I was in the same situation regarding my 05 a little while back. After some research, I decided to go with DASA. The DASA outperformed all others in every dyno chart I have ever seen. I could not be happier with the desicion I made. The pipe has a great sound and gives great power from bottom to top. Unlike a few other exhausts I have tried, the DASA has no "dead" spots (for example, the HMF system I used to have developed great power down low and through the mid range, but lacked top end power). It just keeps on pulling. Aside from the obvious (great) power increase, the pipe is built very well and at a very affordable price. The pipe tucks in close to the engine, meaning the pipe stays farther away from your leg. A system can be had for as low as $450 shipped.

where are you getting them for 450 shipped? JRP, where'd you get yours and how much.

CHEVYZ
11-09-2006, 04:40 AM
There are a few places that sell for a pretty decent price. Hit up FUELATV. PM him and he will hook you up!